I have a custom field that was added to approximately 450 issues (after their initial creation). It is a calculated field from the date value in a date field and a number value in a number field. The number field indicates a number of moths and it gets added to the date field to generate a new date. When I open and look at each of the 450 issues individually, I see the new field and it has the correct calculated date value. If I perform an advanced search using the new date field, the only issues that the search finds are ones that were created after the new custom field was added to the issue. In other words, the new calculated date field was created the same time as the rest of the fields and the issue itself. The search won't find any issues that had the custom field added to it after the original creation.
Any information on what is happening here and how to make the search work will be greatly appreciated.
I believe that kind of behaviour is kinda' normal. You should understand that calculated CFs will always reflect the last indexing of the issue. If the issue is not modified, even if the CF value is changed, it is not reflected in the index.
What's abnormal is the behaviour you describe here "new calculated date field was created the same time as the rest of the fields and the issue itself". IMHO, that is an observational problem. Alter an issue and see if the behaviour is still the same.
Hey Community mates! Claire here from the Software Product Marketing team. We all know software development changes rapidly, and it's often tough to keep up. But from our research, we've found the h...
Connect with like-minded Atlassian users at free events near you!Find a group
Connect with like-minded Atlassian users at free events near you!
Unfortunately there are no AUG chapters near you at the moment.Start an AUG
You're one step closer to meeting fellow Atlassian users at your local meet up. Learn more about AUGs