Can't move gadgets on my JIRA dashboard. Fix?

Raymond (Trey) Williams July 17, 2017

When I try to move a gadget around on my JIRA dashboard, a message pops up saying "Sorry, your changes to this Dashboard could not be saved. Your dashboard may be out of sync with the server: please reload the page." Does anyone know of a fix for this? 

9 answers

1 vote
Nha Huynh March 6, 2019

Hi,

It's happend to me too.

Screenshot from 2019-03-06 18-00-43.png

Olivier Brassard June 23, 2020

I have the exact same problem. 

1 vote
somethingblue
Atlassian Team
Atlassian Team members are employees working across the company in a wide variety of roles.
July 18, 2017

Hi Raymond,

In your logs you should see something similar to the following:

Caused by: com.atlassian.jira.exception.DataAccessException: org.ofbiz.core.entity.GenericDataSourceException: SQL Exception while executing the following:UPDATE dbo.portletconfiguration SET  positionseq = ? ,  PORTALPAGE = ? ,  COLUMN_NUMBER = ?  WHERE  id = ?  (Invalid column name 'id'.)

• The error shows that it has problem related to the encoding and/or collation type being configured incorrectly.
  • JIRA must use case-insensitive collation type, for example 'SQL_Latin1_General_CP437_CI_AI' (CI stand for case-insensitive and CS stands for case sensitive)

In order to resolve this issue:

• Configure JIRA to use case-insensitive collation type('SQL_Latin1_General_CP437_CI_AI' ) as suggested in Connecting JIRA to SQL Server 2008
  • More information on collation type for SQL Server on various Atlassian Product can be found in the following table

Depending on the version of the database you are using you may need to use different directions for the collation.  You can start with the Connecting JIRA Applications to a Database.  It will start with JIRA 7.4 but you can use the drop down in the top right to change to the version you are using and go from there.

Cheers,

Branden

Raymond (Trey) Williams July 18, 2017

I am actually the only one who has this issue. Anyone else with Administrator access can move the gadgets around, it's only me who gets the error message. Could it be an internal problem with my pc, or something else?

somethingblue
Atlassian Team
Atlassian Team members are employees working across the company in a wide variety of roles.
July 18, 2017

Hi Raymond,

It could be.  If this is only affecting you, I would try another browser, try a private/incognito window and if necessary try a different computer.

If it works in another browser/private window I would next clear my cache/cookies.  Next, disable any browser add-ons and re-enable them one by one to see if one of them is causing the issue.

Finally, try another computer.  If it takes getting on a different computer to get this to work I would create a new partition on your computer, install the OS clean and try.  From there it is going to be figuring out what factors are causing the installed OS to behave in that manner but I don't believe it will get to that.

Cheers,

Branden

Like kananda.silveira likes this
Aaron September 4, 2018

Hi Branden,

I have the same issue and it basically made my whole team not be able to access their contents.

I am using JIRA Software 7.11.0 on demand. After I added an Activity Stream gadget, the nightmare starts:

1. All the top menus are disabled, there is no response and drop-down to click any buttons.
  2. I can neither move or remove any gadgets even with the administrator account, which give me a message:
    Sorry, you do not have permission to modify this Dashboard. Your dashboard may be out of sync with the server: please reload the page.
    QQ截图20180905004351.png
  3. The system keeps kicking me out. Every single click just end my sessions. 

Currently, none of my users in the team cannot access their projects since this issue.

Do you have any ideas about this? 

0 votes
Anna Swacker January 13, 2022

I am experiencing this same issue. Read through the entire thread tried all the same things and I still cannot move my gadgets outside of the first column. 

0 votes
Alexandre Sraga August 11, 2020

me too.

0 votes
Alex Holt June 29, 2020

Yes me too, I cleared cache used a different browser and private window - no dice

jira cannot change dashboard gadget.jpg

0 votes
Shakura Brewer June 16, 2020

Has there been a fix here? 

0 votes
Joe Mabus February 27, 2020

Annotation 2020-02-27 120833.pngAlso experiencing this issue in dashboards. Moving gadgets means this pop-up appears. 

0 votes
kananda.silveira February 6, 2020

Hey guys... same problem here :(

0 votes
Orlando Cacha February 28, 2018

hi, 

I've had the same problem.  has it already solved?

Suggest an answer