Can't move gadgets on my JIRA dashboard. Fix?

When I try to move a gadget around on my JIRA dashboard, a message pops up saying "Sorry, your changes to this Dashboard could not be saved. Your dashboard may be out of sync with the server: please reload the page." Does anyone know of a fix for this? 

1 answer

0 votes

Hi Raymond,

In your logs you should see something similar to the following:

Caused by: com.atlassian.jira.exception.DataAccessException: org.ofbiz.core.entity.GenericDataSourceException: SQL Exception while executing the following:UPDATE dbo.portletconfiguration SET  positionseq = ? ,  PORTALPAGE = ? ,  COLUMN_NUMBER = ?  WHERE  id = ?  (Invalid column name 'id'.)

• The error shows that it has problem related to the encoding and/or collation type being configured incorrectly.
  • JIRA must use case-insensitive collation type, for example 'SQL_Latin1_General_CP437_CI_AI' (CI stand for case-insensitive and CS stands for case sensitive)

In order to resolve this issue:

• Configure JIRA to use case-insensitive collation type('SQL_Latin1_General_CP437_CI_AI' ) as suggested in Connecting JIRA to SQL Server 2008
  • More information on collation type for SQL Server on various Atlassian Product can be found in the following table

Depending on the version of the database you are using you may need to use different directions for the collation.  You can start with the Connecting JIRA Applications to a Database.  It will start with JIRA 7.4 but you can use the drop down in the top right to change to the version you are using and go from there.

Cheers,

Branden

I am actually the only one who has this issue. Anyone else with Administrator access can move the gadgets around, it's only me who gets the error message. Could it be an internal problem with my pc, or something else?

Hi Raymond,

It could be.  If this is only affecting you, I would try another browser, try a private/incognito window and if necessary try a different computer.

If it works in another browser/private window I would next clear my cache/cookies.  Next, disable any browser add-ons and re-enable them one by one to see if one of them is causing the issue.

Finally, try another computer.  If it takes getting on a different computer to get this to work I would create a new partition on your computer, install the OS clean and try.  From there it is going to be figuring out what factors are causing the installed OS to behave in that manner but I don't believe it will get to that.

Cheers,

Branden

Suggest an answer

Community showcase
Sarah Schuster
Posted Jan 29, 2018 in Jira

What are common themes you've seen across successful & failed Jira Software implementations?

Hey everyone! My name is Sarah Schuster, and I'm a Customer Success Manager in Atlassian specializing in Jira Software Cloud. Over the next few weeks I will be posting discussion topics (8 total) to ...

2,754 views 11 18
Join discussion

Atlassian User Groups

Connect with like-minded Atlassian users at free events near you!

Find a group

Connect with like-minded Atlassian users at free events near you!

Find my local user group

Unfortunately there are no AUG chapters near you at the moment.

Start an AUG

You're one step closer to meeting fellow Atlassian users at your local meet up. Learn more about AUGs

Groups near you
Atlassian Team Tour

Join us on the Team Tour

We're bringing product updates and pro tips on teamwork to ten cities around the world.

Save your spot