Create
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
It's not the same without you

Join the community to find out what other Atlassian users are discussing, debating and creating.

Atlassian Community Hero Image Collage

Can't move fields for the same bug issuetype from one Jira project to another without loosing fields

I am trying to move support tasks from one board to another Jira board (different projects) and some of the fields the board I am moving bug from have in the Bug issue type and the board I am moving it to don't - are removed while the Move is done. 
Is there a way to keep all the fields while the move and info in them ? (
For now I've created same named fields in the BO project Bug issue type (same field types), but It does not help.
When moving I see all the fields become empty and many shows as - will be removed when moved to the new Board.

1 answer

Hi @Vera Valshonok,

It seems as if those are team managed projects. If so, even if your custom fields have the same names, they are essentially different fields and Jira is not capable of migrating your data across.

If moving tickets between projects is something that you intend to do a lot as part of your standard way of working, you are probably better of using company managed projects as they share the same custom fields.

On a side note, moving issues from one project into another is not really recommended, as it does not help transparency in communicating with your end users: ticket numbers change as a consequence, permissions may be different between projects so users cannot access their information anymore, you do risk losing information along the way as you are currently experiencing, ...

Hope this helps! 

Thank you, Walter! I guess I have team managed projects, but not sure. I will check it. In this case I just won't be able to fix my issue? In case i have a company managed projects maybe i can try some other way to fix the issue from what I am doing now?

Suggest an answer

DEPLOYMENT TYPE
CLOUD
PRODUCT PLAN
STANDARD
TAGS

Community Events

Connect with like-minded Atlassian users at free events near you!

Find an event

Connect with like-minded Atlassian users at free events near you!

Unfortunately there are no Community Events near you at the moment.

Host an event

You're one step closer to meeting fellow Atlassian users at your local event. Learn more about Community Events

Events near you