Can't move JIRA Scrum Board Issues between Users (change Assignee per Drag-and-Drop)

Eduard Mustafin April 19, 2016

Is it my cofiguration issue, or is it generally not possible?

2 answers

1 vote
Deleted user April 20, 2016

Agree with Nick, you can't change Assignee by dragging from one swimlane to another. You can change them dragging from one column to another.

0 votes
Nic Brough -Adaptavist-
Community Leader
Community Leader
Community Leaders are connectors, ambassadors, and mentors. On the online community, they serve as thought leaders, product experts, and moderators.
April 19, 2016

I'm guessing you mean "between swimlanes" on the board - no, you can't change assignee or other things that way (because you could have contradictory swimlanes and JIRA can't know what you mean)

Eduard Mustafin April 19, 2016

Could you give me an examle of contradictory swimlanes?

Nic Brough -Adaptavist-
Community Leader
Community Leader
Community Leaders are connectors, ambassadors, and mentors. On the online community, they serve as thought leaders, product experts, and moderators.
April 19, 2016

swimlane 1:  component = penguin

swimlane 2:  assignee =  Mr Flibble

What do you change when you move between them? 

In theory, if you did swimlanes by a consistent thing, like Story or Assignee, you could implement it safely, but as you could only do it for very simple swimlanes, Atlassian have not done it, as you'd be having a constant string of "why can't I move between lanes on my board, but I can for board x?" queries

Suggest an answer