Can't modify Project name in JIRA 6.0.2

Rodolfo Romero
Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
June 12, 2013

I am full Administrator of a newly installed instance of JIRA 6.0.2. I am trying to modify a JIRA Project name but when I click on the "Update" button, nothing happens and the Project name is not changed.

14 answers

0 votes
Zul NS _Atlassian_
Atlassian Team
Atlassian Team members are employees working across the company in a wide variety of roles.
January 29, 2014

For anyone who encounter a similar issue, you might have encounter the bug in JRA-33843 which has been fixed in JIRA 6.0.6.

0 votes
Mick Flanigan [Equip] November 11, 2013

We are now seeing this problem on our main production instance. We tried to rename a Project, and it woudl not work, we hit update and it jsut flashes the popup and stays the same. A few days later after a restart it worked jsut fine, but then today it is no longer working, several weeks later. Filing a bug on this.

0 votes
Rodolfo Romero
Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
September 18, 2013

I've tried with Chrome, Firefox and Safari on a Mac and I got the same results. This seems to be happening only with Projects created using the wizard/template method though.

0 votes
Tini Good
Rising Star
Rising Star
August 1, 2013

Theoretically possible, although the upgrade to 6.0.4 was on 7/20 and its been fine other than this one issue. I've been doing some minor tweaks to get a "clean" Hercules log scan (old accounts deleted, fixed Windows service switches, etc.), so I can't swear I've rebooted, but I've certainly stopped and restarted the service a few times to get a fresh log read. Yesterday was the first time I attempted to create a new project since the upgrade, and I typed the name wrong and then couldn't edit it.

Alejandro Conde Carrillo
Rising Star
Rising Star
August 1, 2013
Hi Tini and Rodolfo. Are you running JIRA behind a proxy server (apache)?
Tini Good
Rising Star
Rising Star
August 4, 2013

No, no proxy server.

0 votes
Tini Good
Rising Star
Rising Star
July 31, 2013

No, our JIRA is on a virtual server, so we didn't use the JIRA backup restore method. All I've got are normal logs. It is interesting that the timeline is (1) can't edit project name, (2) took virtual server snapshot, (3) attempted server change for other reason, (4) restored server to snapshot, (5) can now edit project name. I'm not aware of anything in that sequence that could have fixed it.

Norman Abramovitz
Rising Star
Rising Star
July 31, 2013

I am guessing here. I am assuming you upgraded previously to your latest Jira version. You did not reboot once Jira failed, so it was the initial boot after upgrading.

Now with the shutdown, Jira was restarted and all is well.

It might just be the restart that fixed things up.

0 votes
Tini Good
Rising Star
Rising Star
July 30, 2013

I have JIRA 6.0.4, same problem, tried with Firefox 22 and IE 8. Anyone find a solution to this?

Zul NS _Atlassian_
Atlassian Team
Atlassian Team members are employees working across the company in a wide variety of roles.
July 31, 2013

Hi Tini,

I have seen this issue before, and it seems that it has affected more than 4 users. Could you please raise a ticket in support.atlassian.com and attach along the XML backup data and Support ZIP for us to troubleshoot the issue?

Regards,

Zul

Tini Good
Rising Star
Rising Star
July 31, 2013

We had an issue with the server last night and had to restore it. I went to verify the exact fields and button name to open a support request and discovered that now it works. Hmmm.

Zul NS _Atlassian_
Atlassian Team
July 31, 2013

Did you run a backup restore? Could you check if you happen to have any automatic backup created during the issue persist? It would be interesting to look into this as there seems to be a number of customer running into this.

This doesn't seems to be a bug since it is not reproducible on a vanilla instance. Most probably it is data related, but have not yet found a root cause yet.

Anyway, glad to know that it is now working smoothly on your end. :)

0 votes
Geert Truyen July 8, 2013

I am having the same problem.

Jira v6.0.3.

Browser is Safari 5.1.7.

0 votes
Norman Abramovitz
Rising Star
Rising Star
July 5, 2013

You did not state which browser you are using and I cannot tell from the screenshot either, but it worked on ie10/firefox/chrome (windows 7) on 6.0.3. Maybe trying a different browser would help. If it does, then clear the cache of the 'broken' browser and try again.

0 votes
Ram Muthiah July 5, 2013

I have 6.0.1. I edited the project and changed the name. It works.

0 votes
Rodolfo Romero
Rising Star
Rising Star
July 4, 2013

Oh! I just noted that the functionality was added! Great! It was about time! Here is the screenshot. When I click on update, nothing happens.

0 votes
Rodolfo Romero
Rising Star
Rising Star
July 4, 2013

I don't have any place where I can host an image. I guess I won't be able to add a screenshot if there is no functionality provided in "Answers" to do that. It is odd that this is not possible here.

0 votes
Zul NS _Atlassian_
Atlassian Team
June 13, 2013

Host the image somewhere online, and when commenting, click on the tiny image icon to attach image from a URL

0 votes
Rodolfo Romero
Rising Star
Rising Star
June 12, 2013

How can I add a screenshot here?

0 votes
Jobin Kuruvilla [Adaptavist]
Rising Star
Rising Star
June 12, 2013

Can you add a screenshot of how you are editing it?

Suggest an answer