I am full Administrator of a newly installed instance of JIRA 6.0.2. I am trying to modify a JIRA Project name but when I click on the "Update" button, nothing happens and the Project name is not changed.
You did not state which browser you are using and I cannot tell from the screenshot either, but it worked on ie10/firefox/chrome (windows 7) on 6.0.3. Maybe trying a different browser would help. If it does, then clear the cache of the 'broken' browser and try again.
Did you run a backup restore? Could you check if you happen to have any automatic backup created during the issue persist? It would be interesting to look into this as there seems to be a number of customer running into this.
This doesn't seems to be a bug since it is not reproducible on a vanilla instance. Most probably it is data related, but have not yet found a root cause yet.
Anyway, glad to know that it is now working smoothly on your end. :)
No, our JIRA is on a virtual server, so we didn't use the JIRA backup restore method. All I've got are normal logs. It is interesting that the timeline is (1) can't edit project name, (2) took virtual server snapshot, (3) attempted server change for other reason, (4) restored server to snapshot, (5) can now edit project name. I'm not aware of anything in that sequence that could have fixed it.
I am guessing here. I am assuming you upgraded previously to your latest Jira version. You did not reboot once Jira failed, so it was the initial boot after upgrading.
Now with the shutdown, Jira was restarted and all is well.
It might just be the restart that fixed things up.
Theoretically possible, although the upgrade to 6.0.4 was on 7/20 and its been fine other than this one issue. I've been doing some minor tweaks to get a "clean" Hercules log scan (old accounts deleted, fixed Windows service switches, etc.), so I can't swear I've rebooted, but I've certainly stopped and restarted the service a few times to get a fresh log read. Yesterday was the first time I attempted to create a new project since the upgrade, and I typed the name wrong and then couldn't edit it.
We are now seeing this problem on our main production instance. We tried to rename a Project, and it woudl not work, we hit update and it jsut flashes the popup and stays the same. A few days later after a restart it worked jsut fine, but then today it is no longer working, several weeks later. Filing a bug on this.
Badges are a great way to show off community activity, whether you’re a newbie or a Champion.Learn more
Every time you release software, there's a bit of risk – that there's a bug, that something breaks, or that the feature doesn't resonate with customers. Feature flagging helps make high stakes s...
Connect with like-minded Atlassian users at free events near you!Find a group
Connect with like-minded Atlassian users at free events near you!
Unfortunately there are no AUG chapters near you at the moment.Start an AUG
You're one step closer to meeting fellow Atlassian users at your local meet up. Learn more about AUGs