Can't @mention users starting with the letter 'C' - sort of

A2 Hosting February 22, 2017

Maybe this is a bug? I have several users whose first name starts with the letter 'C'. Let's call one Chad Testerson.

In creating a JIRA bug, if I type @c - I would expect a list of names starting with the letter 'C' to auto-pop in a dropdown and let me select the user. It does this for any other letter.

However, if I type @test - Chad's name will show up in the list. THEN, if I type @c - the popup comes up and Chad is listed.

The same goes for any other user that starts with the letter 'C' - they won't show up in the dropdown until I @lastname them. Then they show up in the dropdown when I try it with @c 

If I refresh the page and try again, it goes back to not working unless I repeat the hack of using their lastname.

I also have a user whose last name starts with 'C' - and the reverse is true for him. I have to type in @firstname in order for him to show up in the dropdown. Once I've done that, I can @lastname and he'll show up.

1 answer

1 vote
Andy Heinzer
Atlassian Team
Atlassian Team members are employees working across the company in a wide variety of roles.
February 22, 2017

There was a known bug where trying to do these kind of mentions would fail.  Please see https://jira.atlassian.com/browse/JRA-45836

If your JIRA site URL begins the domain with the same letter, and you're using a JIRA server 7 version before 7.1.8, then it is likely that this bug is affecting you.  An upgrade to JIRA Core 7.1.8 or higher will fix this issue.

Suggest an answer