Can't make any changes through JiraSoftware project board

THEPUBLICGOOD May 30, 2022

I've been trying for a few days, but I'm just not coming right.

I'm unable to make ANY changes through the project board. I can't add issues, I can't move issues to different columns, and each time I open a board I get an offer to move issues to the backlog. Even if there are no issues in the first column. If I click "No thanks" I get asked again the next time I open the board.

If I add and issue, a card gets added, but doesn't actually create the issue. I just get a spinner in the bottom right corner of the card, but nothing ever happens.

Moving cards between different columns appears to work, but if I refresh the page, the cards are back in their original columns. Clicking a card should bring up the issue details, but that doesn't work either.

I've tried using three different browsers (Safari, Chrome, Firefox) and two different connections (Fibre and Mobile 4G) with no difference.

I can make changes to issues through the backlog and the Roadmap seems to work fine. It's only the board that I can't get to work.

I also tried the Jira mobile app (which is really handy by the way) on an iPad and making change to the board works fine there.

Thanks.

1 answer

0 votes
THEPUBLICGOOD May 30, 2022

After some experimentation, I found the cause. When opening the board, I get a "Move your issues?" popup that is supposed to move issues to my backlog. If I ignore this popup, the board retains in functionality, but as soon as I click the "No thanks" button, the board stops working. Click "Yes" also causes the same problem, but if I then refresh the page, I no longer get that popup and the board works as expected.

However, as soon as I move stuff to the board from the backlog, I get that same popup request. How do I get rid of that popup completely?

Suggest an answer

DEPLOYMENT TYPE
CLOUD
PRODUCT PLAN
FREE
TAGS
AUG Leaders

Atlassian Community Events