Can't login into JIRA in browser and Connector for InteeliiJ IDE

George Irwin August 14, 2013

Basically, everytime I use the Connector for IntelliJ IDE, I get logged out of my Jira OnDemand instance in my browser. And when I log into Jira in my browser, the Connector is logged out.

In short, this is infuriating. I don't know if it's a bug or expected behaviour, but it means that clicking the built-in "View in Browser" button in the IDE is more-or-less useless.

Please can someone tell me if there's some way to stop this behaviour?

2 answers

1 accepted

0 votes
Answer accepted
Michael Knight
Atlassian Team
Atlassian Team members are employees working across the company in a wide variety of roles.
August 15, 2013

It sounds like you could be hitting this bug:

The workaround is to:

• Disable 'Task Management' plugin
  • Unselect HTTP authentication box
George Irwin August 15, 2013

Great, thanks Michael. The HTTP auth box was already deselected, so all I had to do was disable the Task Management plugin. But the bug matched my situation and the workaround worked!

0 votes
Marlon Aguiar
Atlassian Team
Atlassian Team members are employees working across the company in a wide variety of roles.
August 14, 2013

Hi George,

Do you have the latest version of the IntelliJ IDE installed? There was a known problem in older versions that could cause this exact behavior to happen, and updating the IDE should solve the problem. See this page for reference: https://confluence.atlassian.com/display/ONDEMANDKB/Getting+randomly+logged+out+of+OnDemand

Hope it helps!

Regards,
Marlon

George Irwin August 14, 2013

Thanks Marlon. I am running PyCharm 2.7.3 and Atlassian Connector 3.0.11. As far as I am aware, these are both the latest versions, so I'm afraid I'm still stuck!

Suggest an answer