Can't login into JIRA in browser and Connector for InteeliiJ IDE

Basically, everytime I use the Connector for IntelliJ IDE, I get logged out of my Jira OnDemand instance in my browser. And when I log into Jira in my browser, the Connector is logged out.

In short, this is infuriating. I don't know if it's a bug or expected behaviour, but it means that clicking the built-in "View in Browser" button in the IDE is more-or-less useless.

Please can someone tell me if there's some way to stop this behaviour?

2 answers

1 accepted

0 vote

It sounds like you could be hitting this bug:

The workaround is to:

• Disable 'Task Management' plugin
  • Unselect HTTP authentication box

Great, thanks Michael. The HTTP auth box was already deselected, so all I had to do was disable the Task Management plugin. But the bug matched my situation and the workaround worked!

Hi George,

Do you have the latest version of the IntelliJ IDE installed? There was a known problem in older versions that could cause this exact behavior to happen, and updating the IDE should solve the problem. See this page for reference: https://confluence.atlassian.com/display/ONDEMANDKB/Getting+randomly+logged+out+of+OnDemand

Hope it helps!

Regards,
Marlon

Thanks Marlon. I am running PyCharm 2.7.3 and Atlassian Connector 3.0.11. As far as I am aware, these are both the latest versions, so I'm afraid I'm still stuck!

Suggest an answer

How to earn badges on the Atlassian Community

How to earn badges on the Atlassian Community

Badges are a great way to show off community activity, whether you’re a newbie or a Champion.

Learn more
Community showcase
Published Thursday in Jira

5 ways you can make the most of Jira Software and Bitbucket Cloud

As part of the Bitbucket product team I'm always interested in better understanding what kind of impact the use of our tools have on the way you work. In a recent study we conducted of software devel...

82 views 0 5
Read article

Atlassian User Groups

Connect with like-minded Atlassian users at free events near you!

Find a group

Connect with like-minded Atlassian users at free events near you!

Find my local user group

Unfortunately there are no AUG chapters near you at the moment.

Start an AUG

You're one step closer to meeting fellow Atlassian users at your local meet up. Learn more about AUGs

Groups near you