Can't login after import

Benjamin Heisch January 1, 2013

Hi,

i created an JIRA onDemand account and imported a JIRA backup (version 4.3) including attachment and avatars. After the import, which finished without an error, i'm not able to login with my ondemand user nor with my previous used user from the jira 4.3.

When using the ondemand user i even get no error like "wrong passwords". It is just reloading the login screen...

Something went wrong.

BR

Ben

6 answers

1 accepted

1 vote
Answer accepted
Abdoulaye Kindy Diallo
Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
January 5, 2013

As you do not have access to the DB, if clearing cache/cookies, using different browsers, forgot password option etc.. did not help, you can simply a raise a request here. An engineer will either reset your credentials or create an admin account for you.

Hope that helps !!!

Benjamin Heisch January 17, 2013

Thx!

That's absolutly rtight! it was an DB issue and the support team helped me perfectly.!

0 votes

It was a db issue which occured during import..

The support team helped me!

0 votes
Michael Knight
Atlassian Team
Atlassian Team members are employees working across the company in a wide variety of roles.
January 6, 2013

In some cases, the import can fail due to JIRA or Crowd running out of memory.

Towards the end of the OnDemand import process, users and groups are migrated from JIRA's database to OnDemand's Crowd database (this is the database used by JIRA OnDemand to determine who can login). Your user account may not have been brought across before the crash occurred. The crash will result in an 'electric Charlie' maintenance page and the affected applications will be automatically restarted (probably with more memory allocated). The maintenance page automatically refreshes, so once the apps are up again, JIRA may show up as normal without an error message.

If you suspect this has happened, try logging in with your original OnDemand login and try the import again. If this doesn't work, you will need to contact Support, who can retry the import for you or debug the problem further.

0 votes
Renjith Pillai
Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
January 4, 2013

Oh! my bad!

I just read you description again. This seems to be problem in your browser cache due to conflicting cookies. Just clear you cache and retry.

Renjith Pillai
Rising Star
Rising Star
January 6, 2013

Did you check this?

No, it was a problem which occured during import.

The support team solved it!

0 votes
Russell H January 2, 2013

I've seen this before when Jira does imports it sometimes wipes user directory details (I think it depends what version but that's a guess, there doesn't seem to be a consistent outcome).

If you don't have administrator access anymore I'm not sure you can fix this without access to the database tables to be honest... You'd need this to see what user directories your Jira is now using and what is active and what isn't. I could be wrong though, this is just my experience...

0 votes
Renjith Pillai
Rising Star
Rising Star
January 2, 2013

Try creating a local administrator as per this article and then check what is wrong with the configuration. https://confluence.atlassian.com/display/JIRA/Retrieving+the+JIRA+Administrator

Benjamin Heisch January 2, 2013

The problem occured on Jira OnDemand.. i don't think i have access to the DB there?!

Suggest an answer