Can't log in (Information is definitely correct)

zander frinzi June 3, 2012

The administrator of my company's Jira account sent me an invitation to Jira. I created an account and when I logged in, I instructed my browser (Safar 5.1) to remember my account information.

Im currently logged in, yet at the same time, I'm not. I can't access anything related to "atlassian" nor can I log into my Jira account (with the same username and password I registered with) on my work computer (the computer I set to remember my login info) and my personal computer.

I can't even open an issue/create a ticket on the Atlassian help forum. It asks for my username and password, then rejects it, despite the fact that it's completely accurate.

I'm looking at my profile page. I can see the username which matches what I attempt to enter. I can even update my password, however when I do so, I still get a login error.

I can literally update my password to "foobar1" type "foobar1" into the password field, look at my user name as I type in the username on my work computer screen as I type it in on the login page on my PC. Still get a login error.

I'm not sure if I have a Jira account with no access to atlassian, or what, but eventually I'm going to need to re-access my account from a seperate computer.

2 answers

0 votes
Theinvisibleman
Atlassian Team
Atlassian Team members are employees working across the company in a wide variety of roles.
September 18, 2012

Agree with Penny's answer. If you haven't done so already, you will have to create an account at support.atlassian.com.

0 votes
Thomas Heidenreich
Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
June 3, 2012

Are you sure cookies are accepted?

zander frinzi June 3, 2012

Yes, I have cookies accepted, however I can't access the same account on a different computer, even when the account is not in use at that time.

zander frinzi June 4, 2012

Bonus points to Atlassian, because I can't login to submit a ticket.

Penny Wyatt (On Leave to July 2021)
Atlassian Team
Atlassian Team members are employees working across the company in a wide variety of roles.
June 15, 2012

"I can't even open an issue/create a ticket on the Atlassian help forum"

Are you referring to support.atlassian.com? SAC is an Atlassian-owned system and doesn't share a user database with your company's private JIRA instance. You can sign up for a SAC account from the login page here - https://support.atlassian.com/secure/Signup!default.jspa

Suggest an answer