Can't locate the ApplicationLinkService component

Damon Osgood April 4, 2017

I am working on a Jira Plugin (Java), which needs to communicate with a linked Confluence application. I am developing against the atlas-* toolset.

In my plugin, I have this code to get the ApplicationLinkService, and then the link to Confluence:

ApplicationLinkService service = ComponentLocator.getComponent(ApplicationLinkService.class);

ApplicationLink link = service.getPrimaryApplicationLink(ConfluenceApplicationType.class);

This was working fine until recently. Today, the ComponentLocator.getComponent() call is returning null.

The applications are still linked correctly as far as I can tell from the Admin GUI. I've tried deleting and recreating the link, to no avail.

I've tried rolling back changes I've made recently, also to no avail. But it's possible I'm missing something.

It seems bizarre to me that it's the ApplicationLinkService itself that I can't find! How is that even possible?

Anyone have any idea how I could have gotten into this mess?

1 answer

0 votes
Sam Hall
Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
April 4, 2017

HI Damon - since this is development related, you might want to try asking this over at: https://community.developer.atlassian.com as well if you haven't already.

Hoepfully someone over there will be able to help.

Damon Osgood April 4, 2017

thanks, will do that!

Sam Hall
Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
April 4, 2017

Suggest an answer