Can't install addon "Issue Merger"

Dinny December 16, 2013

When I try to install this addon from the marketplace in jira, I get this error message:

Could not find a handler capable of installing the add-on at https://marketplace.atlassian.com/download/plugins/com.verhas.jira.plugin.jira-issue-merger/version/5. Check that the file is a valid add-on.

Why can we not install this?

2 answers

0 votes
Dinny December 16, 2013

In "trouble shooting and support" it says that it is 5.2.11, so it should work :S

0 votes
Tiago Comasseto
Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
December 16, 2013

Hi there,

I see that this plugin is only compatible to JIRA 5.0 - 5.2.11, is your JIRA version compatible to it?

Cheers

Dinny December 16, 2013

In "trouble shooting and support" it says that it is 5.2.11, so it should work :S

Nic Brough -Adaptavist-
Community Leader
Community Leader
Community Leaders are connectors, ambassadors, and mentors. On the online community, they serve as thought leaders, product experts, and moderators.
December 16, 2013

Sadly, a vendor saying it is compatible with a version is not a perfect guarantee that it really is.

Three things to try:

1. Download it manually, then upload it - do you get the same error?

2. Read the logs and see what they say - their error messages may tell you more about the actual root cause

3. Download a development/evaluation copy of 5.2.11 and try it there without adding any real data or other plugins. If it works there, but not in Production, then it gets interesting...

Suggest an answer