Can't install Servicedesk

Feraz Yulgushev November 24, 2016

I have a JIRA version 7.1.9 updated from version 6.2.7

I have tried to install via administration, applications, versions and licenses

I also tried to install via obr file

in the end, on the page version and license, I see Servicedesk, but I can't find it under add-ons. In the projects section as there was a project type: Servicedesk

and can't administration it

2 answers

1 accepted

0 votes
Answer accepted
Jeff Tillett
Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
November 30, 2016

It looks like your user has a "license" for SD, but is not tied to the project in question. Can you show us the roles screen for the project in question? Your user need to show up under the project roles "Administrator" and "Service Desk Team" to be a part of that Service Desk.

Feraz Yulgushev November 30, 2016

that's the problem that there is no such role. only the usual set of roles, nothing new

Feraz Yulgushev March 12, 2017

helped following

Set 9.4 psql and changed the locale to C
After deleted and installed the servicedesk again

Feraz Yulgushev March 12, 2017

was installed 8.4 psql and locale en.utf-8

0 votes
Bart Meerveld
Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
November 24, 2016

Servicedesk isn't under add-ons, it's found under applications. You need to have servicedesk agent rights to administer servicedesk projects.

Feraz Yulgushev November 24, 2016

I have these rights. I have created a project of type servicedesk. but still can't administration portal of servicedesk

Nic Brough -Adaptavist-
Community Leader
Community Leader
Community Leaders are connectors, ambassadors, and mentors. On the online community, they serve as thought leaders, product experts, and moderators.
November 24, 2016

What does "can't administrate" actually mean?  When you go to project administration, are the service desk options not there?  Give an error when you click on them?  Greyed out so you can't use them?

Bart Meerveld
Rising Star
Rising Star
November 24, 2016

Also, do you want to administer the project or the servicedesk portal?

Feraz Yulgushev November 27, 2016

I can't find any control of portal. neither in project nor in any other place. And this despite the fact that the service Desk is installed
according to the instructions, I should see in project administration additional fields, but no different from what it was before you installed service Desk. The addition of another type of project, now three of them (service Desk, business, software) . That is the statement for me doesn't work at all, and I can't understand what the problem is because when installing the service Desk, did not have any errors in the logs

Nic Brough -Adaptavist-
Community Leader
Community Leader
Community Leaders are connectors, ambassadors, and mentors. On the online community, they serve as thought leaders, product experts, and moderators.
November 27, 2016

So, just to confirm I have understood what you've said there.

You have installed service desk.  You have got a project which, when you go to administrate it, shows you mostly the standard JIRA administration options, with no extra service desk related options.

Is that correct?

If it is, then what you have described is one of two things:

1. Your project type is not service desk
  2. You are on version 1 of Service Desk, using the add-on instead of the application (which I doubt, because I don't think the add-on will even start up on your version of JIRA)

Feraz Yulgushev November 27, 2016

clarification. this project is of type service Desk. I have the right agent and the right to administer the project. In this project it only changes the type. all other elements of the administration as in a normal project. I 7.1.9 jira and service Desk 3.1.10

Bart Meerveld
Rising Star
Rising Star
November 28, 2016

Could you maybe give us a screenshot of what you're seeing in the project administration?

Also, this link might help you with finding the portal, could be that you're looking in the wrong place

Nic Brough -Adaptavist-
Community Leader
Community Leader
November 28, 2016

Agree with @Bart Meerveld here - I think I need to see the project admin screen, in full (although feel free to obcure words or names if there is sensitive data - we're looking for structure and layout rather than individual data items)

Feraz Yulgushev November 28, 2016

project.PNG

Nic Brough -Adaptavist-
Community Leader
Community Leader
November 29, 2016

Could you show us the rest of the screen, that's not "in full"

Feraz Yulgushev November 29, 2016

no problem Снимок.PNG

Nic Brough -Adaptavist-
Community Leader
Community Leader
November 29, 2016

Sorry for the delay.  Thanks for the update, that's ruled out what I thought it was.

Could you go into the "roles" section in there and see who is set up to be a Service Desk Agent.

There are no special roles in this project. Old roles and I'm there everywhere

Nic Brough -Adaptavist-
Community Leader
Community Leader
November 29, 2016

So there's no service desk agent or customer roles?

If that is the case, please could you go to managing applications and show us what is installed there?

I am increasingly convinced that it's hopeless smile profile.PNGaccess.PNGversion.PNG

Nic Brough -Adaptavist-
Community Leader
Community Leader
December 1, 2016

Ok, so you have  Service Desk project that is behaving as a Core project.  You could do that if you have Service Desk, create the project and then remove or deactivate Service Desk (and putting it back would re-enable the project as SD).

But you've got an active SD installation.  Yet even the SD roles don't appear for it, so you can't add yourself in.

This needs to go to Atlassian Support - something is broken, but I can't make out what.

Feraz Yulgushev December 1, 2016

thank you. this is a very strange behavior. I hope support will be able to help

Suggest an answer