Can't import backup from OnDemand to Standalone

Alex April 28, 2014

Hello.

I've made an backup on Jira OnDemand, copied it on my Standalone server and after this I tried to restore it in system / Import & Export / Restore System. I entered the backup file name and I got the error: Error importing data: java.lang.IllegalArgumentException: [GenericEntity.set] "jobData" is not a field of.

Also I tried Project Import on the same Standalone server from the same backup file and I got the error: cind fac project import: This data appears to be from an older version of JIRA. Please upgrade the data and try again. The current version of JIRA is at build number '6252', but the supplied backup file was for build number '6321'.

What I'm doing wrong ? Or may be because of different build number it is not possible to migrate from OnDemand to Standalone ?

8 answers

2 votes
Alex June 2, 2014

Brian, In my case the problem was in MySQL charset. I installed the last 6.2.6 Jira version and created mysql DB with UTF8 charset. After this I installed Jira and before starting the configuration I added in the setenv.sh script the option JVM_SUPPORT_RECOMMENDED_ARGS="-Dfile.encoding=utf-8" to be sure tha the jira will use UTF encoding. After this I was able to import the backup from OnDemand. But now I have anothers issues - it seems that it didn't imported the users logos and the projects attachements.

Please check this link https://confluence.atlassian.com/display/JIRAKB/SQL+Exception+while+Updating+Issues+or+Importing+Data+in+JIRA+with+MySQL+Due+to+Encoding

René Bodack July 1, 2014

Thank you Alex, I can confirm this helped.

I started a local JIRA 6.2.7 instance with the additional Java parameter '-Dfile.encoding=utf-8', after that the import worked.

0 votes
parsdanisun June 17, 2015

hi 

I have this problem when importing data from JIRA 6.2.6 backup in to JIRA 6.2 for downgrade 

"

ErrError importing data: java.lang.IllegalArgumentException: [GenericEntity.set] "jobData" is not a field ofor importing data: java.lang.IllegalArgumentException: [GenericEntity.set] "jobData" is not a field of

"

Untitled.png

--use jdk 1.7.71

---mysql 5.5

pls help me

Raffty Canete September 9, 2015

Hi, I also encountered the same error, Did you figure it out what to do?

0 votes
Brian Clampet
Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
May 21, 2014

Thanks Ruchi.

It helps, but the page stated these releases should not be used in production environments. any idea when they will be supported?

Brian Clampet
Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
June 16, 2014

I didn't state this exclusively but I was able to complete the import of my JOD data after installing the latest version of JIRA stand-alone.

0 votes
Ruchi Tandon
Atlassian Team
Atlassian Team members are employees working across the company in a wide variety of roles.
May 21, 2014

Since OnDemand installation is currently running 6.3 version of JIRA, you would need to import your data to 6.3 or above installation of JIRA behind the firewall. In order to do that, you need to go to this link, https://www.atlassian.com/software/jira/download-eapand download the 6.3 EAP(Early Access Program) release and then try to import your data into this version of JIRA.

NOTE: Please note that the EAP releases are not officially supported. So as soon as a 6.3 release for JIRA behind the firewall comes out, you would need to upgrade to that release n your side.

Hope this helps!

0 votes
Brian Clampet
Rising Star
Rising Star
May 21, 2014

Alex, thanks for letting me know.

I have the latest version of on OnDeman. I'm following the instructions from Here Be Dragons (https://confluence.atlassian.com/display/ATLAS/Dragons+Stage+1+-+Install+JIRA) which stipulates using Jira 6.1.5. for the stand-alone version. Is this what you have as well? Thanks for getting back to me.

0 votes
Alex May 20, 2014

Brian, I haven't resolved it yet. I openned an task to support, now I follow their instructions, trying to resolv the problem... still without success...

nikhil khedlekar June 16, 2014

Hi Alex

I am also getting the same error - Error importing data: java.lang.IllegalArgumentException: [GenericEntity.set] "jobData" is not a field of

did you get a resolution for this? pls do let me know

thanks

0 votes
Brian Clampet
Rising Star
Rising Star
May 20, 2014

Hello.

I've follow the instructions on the page linked below. No results.

Alex - What happened? How did you resolve this?

0 votes
Boris Georgiev _Appfire_
Rising Star
Rising Star
April 28, 2014

Suggest an answer