As part of migration to production from staging, I want to import all issues
I followed the API here & export all issues from staging machine. The problem is that when I upload the CSV file in the production machine , it gives the next error:
The CSV file you uploaded contains non-ASCII characters. Make sure to set the right encoding.
Searching the web for solution came up with nothing. I tried to follows:
More than that, we also facing problem with projects. We holds 2 main projects in Jira. They share same headers/ fields. The problem is with importing & converting the fields from CSV fields to Jira fields. I can't find all the fields in Jira that appears in CSV. I need to manipulate data to solve this - meaning I map only mandatory fields (summay, project key/name/type) & fields are highly frequent in use. Doing that leaves me with lack of data or data that I need to customize with different key
If I map all fields It pop an error for issues that can't be imported. I can't find why from the log
See image below with the error:
10x in advance
Is there a particular reason you are trying to use the CSV import method to transfer this data? If this is coming from another Jira instance, it might be better to use the Restoring a project from a backup method. Granted, that process can be very complex to complete, but I think this would be a better way to get that issue data into Jira.
There tends to be a number of things that have to happen on the instance before you can import the project itself, such as setting up custom fields and in some cases you might need to make sure the destination Jira has the same plugins/versions as the source.
Also what version of Jira is your source data in?
And what version of Jira are you trying to import this data to?
I have a similar issue here, but I'm trying to import from Excel (converted to csv), not another instance of JIRA.
However, when I experimented by just exporting the current Jira issue to csv and modifying only a date field, I still get the "non-ascii characters" error.
Would you mind sharing with us this single CSV record that generates this error?
When you are importing this to Jira, are you doing so with all the fields mapped? I ask because if you only want to change one field on an issue, all you technically have to do is to map the issuekey and that single changed field.
That might help here. But I'm also interested to understand which field might be generating this kind of error.
Have you tried opening the CSV in excel, and then doing a "Save as", then clicking "Tools" and then "Web Options..." (Screenshot 1). When the Web Options window opens, go to the "Encoding" tab and then selecting "Unicode (UTF-8)" from the "Save this document as" drop-down (Screenshot 2). Click "OK", then save the file and use that new file to import. I ran into this same problem, and that works for me every time! Let me know!
SCREENSHOT 1 -
SCREENSHOT 2 -
Connect with like-minded Atlassian users at free events near you!Find an event
Connect with like-minded Atlassian users at free events near you!
Unfortunately there are no Community Events near you at the moment.Host an event