Can't grant delete issues permission to project leader

GEDI Gruppo Editoriale September 26, 2017

Hi I've granted as administrator permission to the project leader but we can't see the delete action inside the "more" side menù.  Can you point us to the right documentation in order to assing this type of grant to the project leader all king of editing premission?

Thank you

2 answers

1 vote
Nic Brough -Adaptavist-
Community Leader
Community Leader
Community Leaders are connectors, ambassadors, and mentors. On the online community, they serve as thought leaders, product experts, and moderators.
September 26, 2017

Administer project permission gives them the right to manage the project (users, components, versions, some access to workflow and fields in 7.3+)

Look further down the list for "delete issue" permission instead.

But be warned - delete means delete - if they delete the wrong issue(s), you'll be scrabbling for backups and then having to try to restore them, extract issues and merge it back, which is a nightmare.  I strongly recommend limiting delete to Jira administrators, as a second check that the issue really should go, or setting up a "deleted" resolution/status, or having a trash project they can move them to.

0 votes
Joe Pitt
Community Leader
Community Leader
Community Leaders are connectors, ambassadors, and mentors. On the online community, they serve as thought leaders, product experts, and moderators.
September 26, 2017

I agree with Nic. The forum is full of people desperately wanting to restore a deleted issue. You can't. I prefer the 'deleted' resolution. 

Suggest an answer