Can't get Tempo Planner to work

Jason Plumhoff
Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
October 24, 2013

I'm trying to test the Tempo Planner on a developer instance of JIRA 6.1.1. I can install the plugin, but nothing changes. When I check the add-ons page, it says the plugin is unlicensed. What do I need to do to get it to work? The EAP documentation says a license isn't necessary...

https://tempoplugin.jira.com/wiki/display/TPEA/Tempo+Planner+Early+Access+Documentation

10 answers

1 accepted

1 vote
Answer accepted
Susanne Götz [Tempo]
Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
October 24, 2013

Hi Jason,

can you inform us if you have Tempo timesheets installed on the same instance? These two plugins are not compatible yet.

Can you inform us also if you get the Tempo link in the header, this is your access to the planner. After install you should have Tempo Planner, Tempo Accounts and the System Plugins Tempo Core and Tempo Teams in your User installed Add-ons list.

A time limited license is included in the .obr file, so you don't need to enter any license. Just ignore that it says "unlicensed".

Please take a look at our documentation https://tempoplugin.jira.com/wiki/display/TP/Tempo+Planner+User%27s+Guide for more information.

Best regards

Susanne (Tempo)

Jason Plumhoff
Rising Star
Rising Star
October 24, 2013

OK - it looks like I had to do a restart to get the "Tempo" menu option to appear after installing the plugin.

Like Tim Daniell likes this
1 vote
Susanne Götz [Tempo]
Rising Star
Rising Star
January 26, 2014

I can not give you any information about this as it depends on Atlassian to manage access of plugins to OnDemand. We will make sure to release information as soon as we know when this will be.

0 votes
John Campbell February 4, 2014
Thanks. That certainly is too long to wait. We will look at other products.
0 votes
Susanne Götz [Tempo]
Rising Star
Rising Star
February 4, 2014

We hope to resolve this issue before Q4.

Holland Risley December 8, 2014

Any further news on this - When will Planner be available for OnDemand?

Susanne Götz [Tempo]
Rising Star
Rising Star
December 8, 2014

We had to delay the release to Q1 2015 as we had unexpected problems with Atlassian Connect that is used to connect new plugins to the JIRA Cloud instance.

Holland Risley December 8, 2014

Does this now integrate properly with Tempo Timesheets?

Susanne Götz [Tempo]
Rising Star
Rising Star
December 8, 2014

Yes, it does

Lonnie Vanzandt December 12, 2014

Is your latest release date at the start of 1Q15 or at the end of it? Meanwhile, are there Tempo Sales Reps available who could do a product overview and answer prospect-specific questions? (The cute cartoons are entertaining, but I'd like to hear about some specific capabilities.) Those would include: * Planning a Program across a joint venture where some parties would have their own Atlassian deployments or would need to work off and online over disconnecting links. (That is, one big central Jira server might not always be available or permitted.) * Ability to hide info from users (even PMs) yet still have access to the skills and availability of a resource (person) for when there are Need-to-Know access limits on projects and people * Ability to schedule Sub-task Due Dates with a Drag-n-Drop UI calendar * Import/Export/Sync with non-Atlassian PM repositories (like MS Project Enterprise repos, Basecamp, TeamworkPM, etc) * Integration with Marketing and CRM services like HubSpot and Salesforce.com

0 votes
John Campbell February 3, 2014

Any update on when Planner will be available for OnDemand? We are evaluating products now and are current Tempo Timesheets customers.

0 votes
Susanne Götz [Tempo]
Rising Star
Rising Star
February 2, 2014

No, this is not the case anymore. The Tempo Planner that was released to the Atlassian marketplace last week (Tempo Planner 1.0) is compatible with Tempo Timesheets 7.8. and later and JIRA 6.0.1 and later.

Tarun Sapra
Community Leader
Community Leader
Community Leaders are connectors, ambassadors, and mentors. On the online community, they serve as thought leaders, product experts, and moderators.
February 2, 2014

I think still lot of companies are using JIRA 5.x and for large installations of JIRA it's hard to updagred specially with so many plugins, thus I feel that the tempo planner should have been available on 5.x JIRA as well.

0 votes
Yasso February 2, 2014

Dear Susanne (Tempo Team),

your note above "Tempo Planner is not yet compatible with Tempo timesheets" made me a bit concerned. Is this still the case?

I am asking because we have Tempo timesheets in our production environment and wanted to start testing Tempo Planner.

thank you!

0 votes
Susanne Götz [Tempo]
Rising Star
Rising Star
January 2, 2014

Hi,

no news yet. Atlassian is changing the way that plugins access the OnDemand version of JIRA. We do not yet have a date when this step will be taken. We can not release Planner OnDemand until this is resolved.

Michael Elman January 25, 2014

Hi Susanne,

Do you think there is any possiblity of it releasing for Ondemand in the next 3 months, or is it a larger undertaking than that?

0 votes
Susanne Götz [Tempo]
Rising Star
Rising Star
October 27, 2013

Hi David,

Tempo Planner is not yet compatible with Tempo timesheets. You will have problems with running these two plugins as there is a mismatch in some modules. In that case you will need to uninstall all parts of Timesheets and Planner (Timesheets, Planner, Accounts, Teams and Core) and then reinstall timesheets. It is recommended to install Planner in a clean instance of JIRA (useful to have JIRA Agile installed).

Tempo Planner is not yet available in OnDemand, it is still in beta. We are in contact with Atlassian about the release of Planner in OnDemand but do not have any date yet.

Regards

Susanne

David Gillain January 2, 2014

Hello Susanne, any more news on the release of Planner in OnDemand?

0 votes
David Gillain October 27, 2013

Susanne, what if timesheets is installed? Can you confirm Tempo Planner is available for Jira on demand? When I'm on the manage add-ons page, I only see a button saying 'build a new add-on'. So no upload possible...

Suggest an answer