Can't find Gliffy admin, can't find list of *installed* Jira add-on's, can't get to Gliffy, ??????

Richard Grossman July 4, 2013

I had 30 minutes to move a Gliffy diagram from my independent Gliffy account and move it to the Gliffy Add-on for our team Jira account.

Can't find list of INSTALLED add-on's in the dashboard.

When I click on Gliffy then MANAGE I get nothing but a display showing the add-on version.

I can't see how to get to Gliffy from our Jira dashboard.

30 minutes is up... hopefully when I get back Monday there will be an answer here, unless everyone's away for the weekend.

3 answers

1 accepted

1 vote
Answer accepted
Justin Alex Paramanandan
Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
July 4, 2013

Heya Richard,

If you would like to find the plugin settings, you can do so by navigating to Administration > Plugins section. If you're using OnDemand, the steps to access the plugins section is a bit more complex.

I believe that you would like to copy the diagram from your online Gliffy account to your JIRA; you can export the diagram as a Gliffy XML file and:

1. Browse to the JIRA issue that you'd like to add the Gliffy Diagram to.
  2. Click More Actions > Add/Edit Gliffy Diagram.
  3. Click New Document > Add File as a Template.
  4. Browse for the file and Click Create Document.

This has been outlined here: Copy Diagram from Gliffy Online for use in JIRA.

Thanks Justin. I've accepted your answer.

Justin Alex Paramanandan
Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
July 4, 2013

You're most welcome, Richard! :)

0 votes
KatyK
Rising Star
Rising Star
July 9, 2013

Hi Richard, if you haven't already received a resolution I would recommend reading through Gliffy's Support Forums: support.gliffy.com or contact support@gliffy.com directly

0 votes

By the way, the Atlassian guys need to get this book ASAP: "Don't Make Me Think" - it's about how to not drive away users by forcing them to invest time and effort to figure out your interface.

And I do realize this is not a support site but just a community forum, at least I *think* tha's what it is since Atlassian doesn't really say this clearly, but I can't find any place to get support or "answers" except here.

Suggest an answer