Can't delete initial status so I can customize workflow.

Thamar Plute April 18, 2017

I want to add backlog as the primary status for a workflow but even after I add it I still can't delete the To Do status.

1 answer

0 votes
AnnWorley
Atlassian Team
Atlassian Team members are employees working across the company in a wide variety of roles.
April 20, 2017

When I tried to delete  the To Do status on my instance I got this message:

"You can only remove statuses from inactive workflows. To start with this workflow and remove statuses, make a copy of it which will be inactive. You can assign it to the project when you're happy with it."

Is the workflow you are removing the status from inactive?

Shivashis Bose May 25, 2017

I am in a similar predicament. The new status got assocated with deiffernt workflows and I am not able to remove them or delete the status. Please let me know if there is a any workaround.

Regards

Shivashis

Nic Brough -Adaptavist-
Community Leader
Community Leader
Community Leaders are connectors, ambassadors, and mentors. On the online community, they serve as thought leaders, product experts, and moderators.
May 25, 2017

It's what Ann says - you need to remove the workflows that use it from active use, and then you'll be able to delete them.

Miguel Costa November 26, 2018

such a not nice solution...
every time we want to modify the workflow we need to create a copy and then delete the old one?
is this really the best solution for it?

edit: eventually after clicking around I managed to "drag" the link from create to the new status and it worked

Like Marijn likes this
Nic Brough -Adaptavist-
Community Leader
Community Leader
Community Leaders are connectors, ambassadors, and mentors. On the online community, they serve as thought leaders, product experts, and moderators.
November 26, 2018

Yes, you need to make copies.  The "edit active workflow" only allows you to make changes that don't require migration checks on existing issues.

Suggest an answer