Can´t delete a step in a worklow

Adolfo Casari
Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
September 5, 2012

I am changing a workflow (draft) so one step becomes isolated (no incomming nor outgoing transitions).

However if I try to delete it I get this message:

You can not delete a step on a draft that exist on the parent workflow

Any ideas on how to delete this step from the workflow?

Thank you.

2 answers

1 accepted

0 votes
Answer accepted
Harry Chan
Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
September 5, 2012

Hi, you will need to copy the workflow and workflow schemes to make such a change. Once it is copied, it will be inactive and you can make this change. Once changed, you can point the new workflow at the project and delete the old one.

0 votes
Jobin Kuruvilla [Adaptavist]
Rising Star
Rising Star
September 5, 2012

You cannot delete a step from draft. You will have to activate the workflow by migrating.

https://confluence.atlassian.com/display/JIRA/Activating+Workflow

Admin LLTech August 8, 2016

This is difficult to understand. You can't delete a step from draft, neither from an active workflow?

Suggest an answer