Can't delete JIRA plugins

Deleted user July 7, 2014

I have a JIRA 6 installation - several people have admined this over time and now I've inherited it.

My one problem is I have several plugins that I cannot delete.

• Hipchat
  • Redmine Importers Plugin for JIM
  • FishEye Plugin

• Bitbucket Importer Plugin for JIM

I delete them - they are successfully 'removed' but at some point they re-appear.

I've gone in and manually deleted jars and the plugin cache files. They still popup.

I have a development JIRA install where some (not all) of these plugins show up as well...

Are these 'default' plugins? How can I remove these? I'll never need or use the importer plugin or Hipchat.

Thanks!

Jim

1 answer

1 accepted

1 vote
Answer accepted
Nic Brough -Adaptavist-
Community Leader
Community Leader
Community Leaders are connectors, ambassadors, and mentors. On the online community, they serve as thought leaders, product experts, and moderators.
July 7, 2014

Yes, they are default off-the-shelf plugins, which you can perfectly safely disable and ignore them.

I'm trying to imagine why you're determined to remove them quite so completley - in an active state, they'll use a tiny bit of Permgen memory, but if disabled, all they do is take up a tiny fraction of a penny's worth of disk space and they will then do nothing else

Deleted user July 7, 2014

Thanks Nic,

I'm just trying to do some housecleaning. I'll disable them and let others know they are installed by default and not to worry about them.

Thanks!

Suggest an answer

TAGS
AUG Leaders

Atlassian Community Events