Can't delete JIRA plugins

I have a JIRA 6 installation - several people have admined this over time and now I've inherited it.

My one problem is I have several plugins that I cannot delete.

• Hipchat
  • Redmine Importers Plugin for JIM
  • FishEye Plugin

• Bitbucket Importer Plugin for JIM

I delete them - they are successfully 'removed' but at some point they re-appear.

I've gone in and manually deleted jars and the plugin cache files. They still popup.

I have a development JIRA install where some (not all) of these plugins show up as well...

Are these 'default' plugins? How can I remove these? I'll never need or use the importer plugin or Hipchat.

Thanks!

Jim

1 answer

1 accepted

This widget could not be displayed.

Yes, they are default off-the-shelf plugins, which you can perfectly safely disable and ignore them.

I'm trying to imagine why you're determined to remove them quite so completley - in an active state, they'll use a tiny bit of Permgen memory, but if disabled, all they do is take up a tiny fraction of a penny's worth of disk space and they will then do nothing else

Thanks Nic,

I'm just trying to do some housecleaning. I'll disable them and let others know they are installed by default and not to worry about them.

Thanks!

Suggest an answer

Community showcase
Published Friday in Jira

New 5k User Limit and Other Cloud Updates

Hi all! Lauren here from the Enterprise Cloud marketing team.  I have some exciting Cloud updates from #AtlassianSummit that I wanted to share. We want everyone in your organization to be ab...

124 views 0 3
Read article

Atlassian User Groups

Connect with like-minded Atlassian users at free events near you!

Find a group

Connect with like-minded Atlassian users at free events near you!

Find my local user group

Unfortunately there are no AUG chapters near you at the moment.

Start an AUG

You're one step closer to meeting fellow Atlassian users at your local meet up. Learn more about AUGs

Groups near you