Can't create or edit any Dashboards

kevin mcvey September 26, 2013

I'm runnning JIRA version v5.0.2#725-sha1:5735107 along with Microsoft Active Directory authentication. Everything was working just fine then i attempted to create another User Directory (#2) to link to a different OU container within Microsoft AD. I realized that the new User Directory wasn't going to work the way I thought so I deleted the (#2) User Directory and just continued to use the original one that worked. After removing the (#2) User Directory I can no longer modify or create new dashboards. I can view them but thats it. Even if i log in as the local administrator account I can't create or modify any dashboards. How can i reset these permissions so users can manage dashboards again??

Thank you,

4 answers

1 accepted

0 votes
Answer accepted
Pepe
Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
September 27, 2013

There is a Global Permission "Create Shared Objects." Ensure you have that permission so that you can share filters and dashboards.

1 vote
kevin mcvey September 26, 2013

I can get into the "Search Shared Dashboards" screen and I click on "Change Owner" under the gear icon. It has my account listed as the current owner. I clicked the button "Change Owner" while my name was listed and i received this message.

"The user 'My user name' does not have permission to share. The owner has not been changed."

I also tried this under the local administrator account but recieved the same error.

0 votes
kevin mcvey September 27, 2013

That worked! Some how the permissions for "Create Shared Objects" were blank. I added the groups again and it worked.

0 votes
CelsoA
Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
September 26, 2013

Hi Kevin

To manage the dasboards you need to be owner of it. So probably you need to check it before, there should not be related to the AD. Also here is a documentation that might help: https://confluence.atlassian.com/display/JIRA/Managing+Shared+Dashboards

Hope it helps,

Celso.

Suggest an answer