Can't create dashboard

Gabriele Turelli June 1, 2014

Hi everybody, I have an odd problem...
I'm using crowd for central management and i disabled the internal Jira Directory, since is not needed anymore.
All the groups I have are coming from Crowd.
I have the permission setted up like this and I'm in the group master-administrators:

Permissions

When I try to create a dashboard or edit it i get this message:

What I am missing?

2 answers

1 accepted

1 vote
Answer accepted
Caspar Krieger
Atlassian Team
Atlassian Team members are employees working across the company in a wide variety of roles.
June 1, 2014

I'm a Crowd developer (i.e. not a JIRA developer, so this could be way off base), but I suspect you may need to add yourself to a group which is mapped to the JIRA Users permission.

I must have the Jira Directory enabled? Because I really want a centralized user management, without the need to have different users and groups on every application... (I use jira, stash, confluence, bamboo, crucible & fisheye)

Caspar Krieger
Atlassian Team
Atlassian Team members are employees working across the company in a wide variety of roles.
June 1, 2014

No, nothing to do with the default JIRA internal directory.

What I mean is that I think you may need to add your "cappyt" user account to a group which has the "JIRA Users" permission assigned to it. For example,

• add "cappyt" to the "jira-users" group in Crowd (and then sync JIRA with Crowd), OR
  • make a new group "jira-administrator-users" in Crowd, sync JIRA,, add "cappyt" to it, and add the "JIRA Users" permission to the "jira-administrator-users" group.
Caspar Krieger
Atlassian Team
June 1, 2014

(of course, if there is no "jira-users" group in Crowd, you have to create one in Crowd before you can add your "cappyt" user to it!)

This actualli solved the problem, many thanks about that.
I'm a real noob in atlassian software so now I started to figure out how the things work.

Caspar Krieger
Atlassian Team
June 1, 2014

No worries, glad that fixed the problem. We also have a bunch of friendly support folks, so if you do get stuck on a specific problem (especially if it's stopping you or your team from using one of our products), then please don't hesitate to raise an issue at https://support.atlassian.com:)

0 votes
Nic Brough -Adaptavist-
Community Leader
Community Leader
Community Leaders are connectors, ambassadors, and mentors. On the online community, they serve as thought leaders, product experts, and moderators.
June 1, 2014

Permissions aren't the problem here - anyone can create dashboards.

What do you actually mean by "can't create dashboards"? No option to do it? Error messages? What happens when you go into "manage dashboards" and clickadd?

When i try to edit or create a dashboard i get the message i am not allowed to see that page and a login prompt, like this:

Suggest an answer