Can't create Jira Software project, only business shows up

Jose Fernandez November 9, 2017

Hello,

I'm having an issue creating a project. I want to create a software project, but instead this is all I see:

CJAPv0rI'm using Jira Server, commercial license: 

1nwyR9GI already browsed and tried the options I found. I made sure the Agile plugin was enabled and that the MySQL account had permissions. 

Any help is appreciated.

6 answers

2 accepted

7 votes
Answer accepted
Matt Cass November 30, 2017

I'm not sure if this is resolved or not, but I had the same set of issues (can't create software projects, spinning wheel on boards) and was able to resolve it by by granting "references" permissions to my MySQL user.  Hope it works for you too!

Tony Reynolds January 5, 2018

Thank you Matt Cass!!! You are awesome! I was going crazy trying to figure out why my new JIRA installation wasn't allowing me to create software projects. I even uninstalled and reinstalled like the OP did, but that didn't fix it. Then I saw your answer, added the 'references' permission to my MySQL user, and that fixed the problem. I don't know why Atlassian hasn't fixed their documentation.

Anyway, thanks again for your fix!

Like N sourcecast likes this
jradziem May 1, 2018

Granting References and JIRA service restart also fixed my problem.

Thanks.

Like # people like this
Andrew
Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
April 17, 2019

For MySQL

GRANT SELECT,INSERT,UPDATE,DELETE,CREATE,DROP,ALTER,INDEX,REFERENCES on jiradb.* TO jirauser;
Like # people like this
Deleted user July 2, 2019

Matt, you fixed it.  Thanks for the Reference permissions reference.  

Like Michael likes this
1 vote
Answer accepted
Jose Fernandez November 10, 2017

Fixed it by not only reinstalling, but removing every single jira-related folder when I was uninstalling. Simply running the uninstall tool was not enough. Thanks to both who replied.

0 votes
Allen Chun September 11, 2018

This also happened to me. What I did to enable the software project in Jira is to change my evaluation license to Jira Software > Jira Software (Server) instead of Jira Software (Data Center)

0 votes

There's something wrong with my Jira, but I can't figure out what it is. If I click on "boards" it never actually loads that page, it just remains loading for an indefinite amount of time. Does anyone know what could be causing this?

0 votes
Nic Brough -Adaptavist-
Community Leader
Community Leader
Community Leaders are connectors, ambassadors, and mentors. On the online community, they serve as thought leaders, product experts, and moderators.
November 10, 2017

Does your admin account have access to Jira Software?  Check it's in the group that allows you into Software.

Thanks for the reply!
My account is in both these groups:

xN238Om

0 votes
edwin
Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
November 10, 2017

Was the software recently installed? If so, try restarting the application

Thanks for the reply!
Yes, it was recently installed. In fact I was at 7.5.0 with the same issue, and I updated core and software to 7.5.2 and I still have the same issue. I've restarted several times and nothing changes. 

Suggest an answer