Can't create Crucible Review from Jira

cph June 22, 2014

We recently added FishEye & Crucible to Jira. We can see the changesets from the Jira issue. However after clicking the commits link in the Jira Issue I do not see a FishEye / Crucible tab as in step 3 here: https://confluence.atlassian.com/display/CRUCIBLE/Creating+a+review+from+JIRA.

We've followed the steps here https://confluence.atlassian.com/display/CRUCIBLE/Linking+Crucible+to+JIRA and it all looks ok. Is there something we could be missing?

Thanks

Chris

4 answers

1 accepted

0 votes
Answer accepted
cph June 25, 2014

It's working now. Base url had to be same for the 2 apps and 2 legged oauth had to work for incoming and outgoing requests.

1 vote
Svante Gustafsson Björkegren
Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
June 22, 2014

Hi Chris,

What version of JIRA are you using. There is a change between JIRA 6.1 and 6.2. It is quite detailed described in the documentation you refer to.

Another thing to look for is permissions, since the availability of dev tools are controlled by the permission scheme.

Take a look in the permission scheme for the JIRA project and verify that you have permission to view Development Tools

Hope that helped!

Cheers,

// Svante

Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
June 22, 2014

hmm, since you DO see the Commit link I guess your permissions are ok. I was a bit fast there I realize.

cph June 23, 2014

It's 6.2 (v6.2.7#6265-sha1:91604a8). Could it be related to using AD? We haven't setup Jira for Crucible user management as per the instructions in that link. Also the we are using Trusted Application instead of OAuth in the application link.

Rising Star
Rising Star
June 23, 2014

...and you could share any findings in this thread. I am sure there are people out there curious about a solution to this issue, I know I am :-)

Rising Star
Rising Star
June 23, 2014

Sorry, I am out of ideas here. You should probably raise a support ticket with Atlassian instead. Their support is great and they will most certainly solve this issue.

Cheers,

// Svante

0 votes
cph June 23, 2014

When I login and look at the Issue and then Open the commits the logs look ok (see attachment). Nothing specific to Crucible though. There is nothing in the Crucible logs for this time. Could it be related to Crowd? There was an error while refreshing the directory cache about an hour earlier:

2014-06-24 08:18:53,194 scheduler_Worker-3 ERROR [atlassian.crowd.directory.DbCachingDirectoryPoller] Error occurred while refreshing the cache for directory [ 32770 ].

com.atlassian.crowd.exception.OperationFailedException: org.springframework.ldap.PartialResultException: nested exception is javax.naming.PartialResultException [Root exception is javax.naming.ServiceUnavailableException: ForestDnsZones.ourdomain.com:389; socket closed [Root exception is com.sun.jndi.ldap.LdapReferralException: Continuation Reference; remaining name 'DC=subdomain,DC=ourdomain,DC=com']; remaining name '']

(jiralog.txt)

0 votes
Timothy
Rising Star
Rising Star
June 22, 2014

Logs? What do they say?

Suggest an answer