Can't convert subtask to issue

Matt Clark March 14, 2013

I understand there's supposed to be a Convert to Issue item under More Actions, but I'm not able to see that option on any of my subtasks. What are the things that prevent you from being able to convert a subtask? I can confirm that Subtasks are enabled, I definitely have create/edit permissions on issues and I'm able to move and clone issues and subtasks, I just can't see the convert option. Help?

2 answers

1 accepted

0 votes
Answer accepted
Jobin Kuruvilla [Adaptavist]
Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
March 14, 2013

You must have Edit permission in the project, the issue shouldn't have any subtasks under it and the project should have atleast one subtask issuetpe in its issuetype scheme.

Please note that I'm trying to go from a subtask to an issue. Going from an issue to a subtask is not a problem.

Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
March 14, 2013

My bad. If you have Edit permissions and if you are on the subtask, you should be able to do it!

My thinking exactly! There must be something else going on. We just converted from JIRA 4 to JIRA 5, not sure if that would make any difference. We haven't seen any other issues of note from the upgrade.

Janet Albion
Atlassian Team
Atlassian Team members are employees working across the company in a wide variety of roles.
March 14, 2013

Hi Jobin,

Since every configuration seems to be fine, you might want to give it a general approach first:

• check if it also reproducible when you use different internet browser
  • check if it affecting all project
  • check if it is reproducible if you disabled all user installed plugin
  • check if all user can't convert any Subtask to issues

Excellent suggestions.

1. It is reproducible in IE 10, Chrome 25 and Firefox 19.
  2. I didn't check all our projects, but it's definitely affecting the 3 I checked (including some that aren't part of "my" team).
  3. I turned off all user plugins except Greenhopper and the issue still exists.
  4. I have tried this with other users and no one has the option.

Could this be related to Greenhopper somehow?

Rising Star
Rising Star
March 14, 2013

Go to Administration > Plugins> System Plugins and see if all modules are enabled for the "Issue Operations" plugin!

That's it!

View Issue Ops Bar Convert to Issue Link (subtask-to-issue)

was disabled.
Thank you Jobin!
0 votes

Oh, also somewhat relevant, I can convert an issues into a subtask, just not the other way around.

Suggest an answer