Can't connect project Issue tracker to a task repository in Netbeans

Jay Vyas July 13, 2016

I am trying to connect my issue tracker https://cvrtcuw.atlassian.net (projects) with the NetBeans 8.0.2 Task repository. But I am getting an error in the URL format. FYI, I have fully functional trial version of Atlassian cloud. I want to be able to connect my Cloud issue tracking projects and access them from within Netbeans (which uses Mercurial for our project storage).

I am also not able to find option to enable Remote API calls in Atlassian Admin General Settings...

The error I get in Netbeans isNetBeans-JIRA connection error.png

Thanks in advance...

1 answer

1 accepted

1 vote
Answer accepted
Nic Brough -Adaptavist-
Community Leader
Community Leader
Community Leaders are connectors, ambassadors, and mentors. On the online community, they serve as thought leaders, product experts, and moderators.
July 13, 2016

The remote API is always enabled on Cloud systems, so that's not the issue.

What the error message means is that it can't reach the Cloud system you've pointed it at - there's something getting in the way.

Jay Vyas July 14, 2016

Hi Nic, Thanks for your assistance. I suspected that could be the issue. Any suggestions on how to approach this problem next? I must inform that I have a trial of 7 days for Atlassian JIRA cloud. Any troubleshooting advice, etc. would be much appreciated...

Nic Brough -Adaptavist-
Community Leader
Community Leader
Community Leaders are connectors, ambassadors, and mentors. On the online community, they serve as thought leaders, product experts, and moderators.
July 14, 2016

I'm fuzzy on network debugging myself, but the basics might be a trace-route, trying simple telnet connections and then maybe look at a full-on tracer like wireshark

Jay Vyas July 15, 2016

Thanks Nic! The site was not allowing me to comment earlier since I have less reputation points. I wanted to ask what versions of NetBeans and JIRA connector plugin are you using which worked perfectly fine? I have banged around my head from yesterday and have seen similar issues with people but no resolution works. What I reckon from reading the forums thus far is some plugins have bugs and/or proxy settings need to be changed.

Also, could you give a thumbs up to my question, that will help get me a good start on this forum... smile

Nic Brough -Adaptavist-
Community Leader
Community Leader
July 15, 2016

Last time I did any dev, it was just after Netbeans 8.0 came out, and it was for JIRA 6.4

Suggest an answer