Can't connect Jira Service Desk to Confluence Knowledgebase

Mark Love
Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
March 24, 2014

Hi,

We've recently moved our confluence server to a new url with https.

The application links are generally working fine between Jira and Confluence:

• I can create confluence pages from epics in Jira agile
  • I can insert jira issues (and run JQL queries) from pages in Confluence.

However, I can't link the jira service desk to the Confluence knowledgebase.

I have deleted the old link (on the knowledgebase tab) as there was no way to edit it.

When I try to add a new link to an existing confluence space, I can select "Confluence" as the application, but then the spinner keeps turning on "select space" until it eventually returns an error

Client must be authenticated to access this resource (see attached).

The same happens if I try to create a new space.

I've read that this uses the OAuth link (rather than Trusted Application) and I've checked the config there and everything looks fine - 2-legged auth (and impersonation) are enabled, and there are no warnings.

What am I doing wrong?

thanks,
Mark.

3 answers

1 accepted

1 vote
Answer accepted
Mark Love
Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
March 24, 2014

I've disabled 2-legged OAuth requests (incoming and outgoing) and now it is working.

0 votes
Anund
Atlassian Team
Atlassian Team members are employees working across the company in a wide variety of roles.
September 9, 2014

The documentation for Service Desk knowledge bas has been updated recently. Take a look at the trouble shooting section.

https://confluence.atlassian.com/display/SERVICEDESK/Providing+self-help+resources+for+your+customers+with+a+knowledge+base#Providingself-helpresourcesforyourcustomerswithaknowledgebase-Troubleshootingissueswith2-LeggedOAuth

Applinks are not the most intuitive things to configure but this should help in setting them up. If there is anything that's unclear please ask a new question.

0 votes
Natalie Wenz July 3, 2014

I've got the error:

Only Confluence application links configured with Trusted Applications or 2-legged Oauth authentication can be used with Service Desk.

But when I try to configure a 2-legged authentification I'm receiving error message as well

Suggest an answer