Can't configure estimation field

Hi Guys – I am have trouble getting the estimation field to show up when creating sub tasks.   I have tried setting up estimation when configuring boards and projects, but think I am missing a major step. For example when I go to:  Board > Config > Estimation, the estimation hours field isn't available as an option (even though Atlassian documentation says it should be).

Also, once I do get the estimation field to display, is it possible to make it a drop down with set values (i.e 4, 8, 16 hours) instead of an open text field?

Thank you in advance for your help!!

1 answer

0 votes

Is the "time tracking" field un-hidden in the field configuration for the project(s) in the board, and is it on the issue screens?

You can't change the system time tracking field to any other format.  Oh, and I'd strongly recommend not putting estimates on sub-tasks - although they will appear to roll up to their parent issues in plain JIRA, they don't roll up to epics or get used in Agile

Suggest an answer

Community showcase
Published Nov 27, 2018 in Portfolio for Jira

Introducing a new planning experience in Portfolio for Jira (Server/DC)

In the past, Portfolio for Jira required a high degree of detail–foresight that was unrealistic for many businesses to   have–in   order to produce a reliable long-term roadmap. We're tur...

2,720 views 17 21
Read article

Atlassian User Groups

Connect with like-minded Atlassian users at free events near you!

Find a group

Connect with like-minded Atlassian users at free events near you!

Find my local user group

Unfortunately there are no AUG chapters near you at the moment.

Start an AUG

You're one step closer to meeting fellow Atlassian users at your local meet up. Learn more about AUGs

Groups near you