Can't configure estimation field

Cindy Allwine July 22, 2015

Hi Guys – I am have trouble getting the estimation field to show up when creating sub tasks.   I have tried setting up estimation when configuring boards and projects, but think I am missing a major step. For example when I go to:  Board > Config > Estimation, the estimation hours field isn't available as an option (even though Atlassian documentation says it should be).

Also, once I do get the estimation field to display, is it possible to make it a drop down with set values (i.e 4, 8, 16 hours) instead of an open text field?

Thank you in advance for your help!!

1 answer

0 votes
Nic Brough -Adaptavist-
Community Leader
Community Leader
Community Leaders are connectors, ambassadors, and mentors. On the online community, they serve as thought leaders, product experts, and moderators.
July 22, 2015

Is the "time tracking" field un-hidden in the field configuration for the project(s) in the board, and is it on the issue screens?

You can't change the system time tracking field to any other format.  Oh, and I'd strongly recommend not putting estimates on sub-tasks - although they will appear to roll up to their parent issues in plain JIRA, they don't roll up to epics or get used in Agile

Suggest an answer