• Give kudos
  • Received
  • Given

Leaderboard

• Global

Trophy case

Kudos (beta program)

Kudos logo

You've been invited into the Kudos (beta program) private group. Chat with others in the program, or give feedback to Atlassian.

View group

It's not the same without you

Join the community to find out what other Atlassian users are discussing, debating and creating.

Atlassian Community Hero Image Collage

Can't configure Project Board

Hi Folks,

First time posting.

We have been using Jira for a while now and I have just started to get my teeth into configuring it for new business requirements.

I have set up a new project as a Jira Admin for our PMO and we are trying to configure a new Kanban board (add a few extra columns). When we click on Board/Configure, Jira thinks for a bit and then takes you to a page with the top banner and the Atlassian footer but no options to change anything. Also none of the links from the header will respond when you click on them. We don't get an error message. (see attached screen shot)

I have tested the same on a few existing projects and they all have the same problem. For some reason we can't access the configure board page. Apparent according to other users this has been happening for some time but no one has done anything about it.

Has anyone come across this before? Do you know a fix or where I should be looking to see if there is some weird global configuration setting we have missed.

We are running Jira Server (on-Prem) version 8.5.6Jira configure board error 1.jpgJira configure board error.jpg

1 answer

0 votes
Vero Rivas Community Leader Feb 22, 2021

Hi @Michael Colgan 

It may seem silly, but you are sure that you have the permissions to modify the board, otherwise you will not be able to do it

Are you the administrator? If you are not, talk to him to make sure you have the correct permissions.

Cheers

Hi Vero,

Yep, we have tried with multiple accounts, including the Jira god account. All accounts come back with the empty screen.

For some reason it seems like the dashboard config page doesn't exist.

Mike

This could be the answer, looking into it. 

JSWServer - 13881 

I went through all our active and inactive workflows and could not find any with steps that do not have a linked status.

Back to the drawing board.

Suggest an answer

TAGS

Community Events

Connect with like-minded Atlassian users at free events near you!

Find an event

Connect with like-minded Atlassian users at free events near you!

Unfortunately there are no Community Events near you at the moment.

Host an event

You're one step closer to meeting fellow Atlassian users at your local event. Learn more about Community Events

Events near you