Can't complete sprint even though users have manage sprint permission

Mary Wilson April 5, 2016

We're on 7.1.1 and some users can't seem to start/complete sprints even though they have the manage sprint permission.  Attached are screen shots of the filter on the board and then the permissions/users/roles on the two projects.

250ScreenShot300.bmp

3 answers

1 vote
Michael Partyka
Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
April 5, 2016

Hi,

check this:

https://confluence.atlassian.com/jirakb/cannot-end-sprint-because-i-am-not-the-administrator-for-other-projects-779159087.html

Check the permission scheme. If it is a custom one the role Administrators may not have the permission"Administer project"

Mary Wilson April 5, 2016

Hi, thanks for the response.  The role has both manage sprint and administer project.  That's the thing that puzzles me.  This was working fine prior to our 7.0 upgrade.

0 votes
Aishwarya Vijayaraj June 4, 2017

Hi Mary,

did you get a resolution for this? I have a similar problem since our organization upgraded the JIRA version from 6.4 to 7.2.9 :(

Appreciate your help!

Thanks,

Aisj

Mary Wilson June 5, 2017

Hi Aishwarya - nope.  I even had an issue open with Atlassian, but frankly it took so long, I think we just closed it.

Mary Wilson June 5, 2017

Actually, I just read a follow up on a post here.  Maybe try this.  I have not investigated yet, but hopefully it will help!!

Hung Nguyen February 21, 2020

I saw similar issue, and it ended up because of the filter for my board has allowed more projects involved, where the scrum master who needs this permission, did not have scrum master permission in ALL these projects.

I had to revise the filter to get less projects involved and give this user permission in ALL of these involved projects

0 votes
Miroslav Kralik June 15, 2016

We have the same issue after upgrading JIRA from 6.4.6 to 7.1.7. User has both Project Administrator and Manage Sprints permission for all projects, the tickets belong to. 

And in the error message are listed almost or even all the JIRA projects we have (300+), which does not make sense. 

Suggest an answer