Can't click on "Simplify workflow"?

Markus March 5, 2018

We want to add 2 new status to our Kanban board. We go to "Board-> configure -> Columns" and then the Option "Simplify workflow" cant be clicked on, which means that we cant add new status (right?). We are only the adminis of the project.

Is there any way that we can resolve this issue?

3 answers

0 votes
Nic Brough -Adaptavist-
Community Leader
Community Leader
Community Leaders are connectors, ambassadors, and mentors. On the online community, they serve as thought leaders, product experts, and moderators.
March 5, 2018

Only system and Jira admins can simplify a workflow.  Ask your admins to do that for you, then you should see the ability to add status.

Markus March 5, 2018

HI thank you very much i will talk to them.

Marcela Junyent
Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
November 1, 2018

Nic, 

Could you check this: 

https://community.atlassian.com/t5/Jira-Software-questions/Who-can-Simplify-a-Workflow-through-the-board/qaq-p/894827#U929990

Because there is a documentation contradiction in this answer... Although it seems you are correct.

Regards

Nic Brough -Adaptavist-
Community Leader
Community Leader
Community Leaders are connectors, ambassadors, and mentors. On the online community, they serve as thought leaders, product experts, and moderators.
November 1, 2018

The documentation is wrong, it's Jira and System admins only, board admins can't do it.

Like Marcela Junyent likes this
Marcela Junyent
Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
November 1, 2018

thanks for your help.

0 votes
Sloan N_ B_
Rising Star
Rising Star
March 5, 2018

Hi @Markus

I am not sure if I understand right, can you please attach a Screenshot of your Board-Configuration and point to the unclickable link? Thanks. :)

By the way to add a status on a board it needs to be present in the workflow!

Regards
Niklas

Markus March 5, 2018

Thank you for your answer i will look into it.

0 votes
Steve Thornhill
Rising Star
Rising Star
March 5, 2018

Are you trying to add the 2 statuses into the workflow? Or do they exist and you are adding to the board?

For the first, update the workflow in the main admin->issues->workflows tab

For the second, add 2 extra columns, rename them as necessary and map the statuses to those columns.

Markus March 5, 2018

Thank you.

Suggest an answer