Can't change Issue type in specific status of workflow

DanielG
Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
February 24, 2013

Hi,

I want to ask if is possible in Jira to in some status in a workflow can make a 'restriction' that users can't change issue type. I'm thinking to how implement this but for now I can't find the answer.

Any suggestions to solve my problem?

Thanks in advance!

Daniel

1 answer

1 accepted

0 votes
Answer accepted
Jobin Kuruvilla [Adaptavist]
Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
February 24, 2013

You can change the issuetype only by editing or moving issues. Since both are driven by permissions, you can probably use workflow properties.

http://www.j-tricks.com/1/post/2011/02/permissions-based-on-workflow-status.html

DanielG
Rising Star
Rising Star
February 24, 2013

But if want to give no permision to edit issues only in specific status of my workflow.

Your solution is so general, because if I don't give permission to edit, I can't change issue type in any status, and I want to don't have permission only in a few status!

Any suggestion?

DanielG
Rising Star
Rising Star
March 3, 2013

To solve my problem, I make a transition that can acces group o users that I want to edit issue type. I put a custom screen (with issue type inside) and put screen on transition that I made.

This works for my scenario that I was thinking. I put my solution here for someone is thinking the same.

Thanks Jobin for your answer!

Suggest an answer