Can't bulk update account field in JIRA

James Strangeway
Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
December 4, 2015

Why won't JIRA complete a bulk update of the tempo account field?  I am able to select account as the field I want to bulk edit and I am able to select the value I want to update all the issues to, but the confirm screen shows a blank value in what will be replaced.

4 answers

1 accepted

0 votes
Answer accepted
James Strangeway
Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
December 17, 2015

I worked with Tempo on this (they were great about helping me out).  The functionality actually works, the confirm screen just does not accurately display what will be updated.  They have logged the bug and are working to correct it.

1 vote
Rodrigo Silva
Atlassian Team
Atlassian Team members are employees working across the company in a wide variety of roles.
December 7, 2015

Hi James, I'm not 10% sure, but in some cases this might happens due Tempo Permissions or due a failed connection between JIRA and Tempo. For this last option you should raise a ticket to Atlassian Support, we can add the Tempo team on the ticket for further investigation.

Cheers,

Rodrigo Silva

0 votes
Konstantin Gagač November 15, 2019

Hi, In my case it was that i tried to edit ANY project (even that is not added to account). 
When i narrow JQL to particular project -  i start see Account field in Bulk edit. 

0 votes
James Strangeway
Rising Star
Rising Star
December 8, 2015

Hi Rodrigo,

I updated the tempo account manager role and this had no affect on the results.  I did it on a subset to see if it was a particular issue type as well.  I have permissions to update the accounts, just not bulk update.  Not sure how to test the second issue.  

Thank you for the reply.

Suggest an answer