Can't attach image when creating new issue

Fokke Lingeman October 16, 2017

When I am creating a new issue in a lightbox after pressing "C" I can't seem to attach any image by pasting it into the description field.

Surely, within the description field I see that the image thumbnail shortcode is placed: 

{code}

!image-2017-10-16-10-59-49-136.png|thumbnail! 
{code}

However, the image is not attached to the ticket, resulting in after creating the ticket, the image doesn't render:

{quote}

Unable to render embedded object: File (image-2017-10-16-10-59-49-136.png) not found.

{quote}

My workaround is to firstly create the ticket. After the ticket is created I can freely attach images the way I am used to. This issue seems to have been introduced with last weeks UI update for Jira.

Anyone else experiencing this?

5 answers

Comments for this post are closed

Community moderators have prevented the ability to post new answers.

Post a new question

1 vote
Nancy Broderson October 16, 2017

Experiencing the same issue.  Noticed it the latter part of last week after changing to the new, however when I reverted to the older view, the issue was there as well.  Does not seem to be browser related, nor was I able to find a setting that would allow/disallow pasting of sceenshots on the Create Image form. 

1 vote
Menno Nelis October 16, 2017

I'm experiencing the same issue, didn't notice untill this post. Unfortunately I have to check all created issues from the last two weeks :(

0 votes
Lucie Lavickova -Triskova- October 27, 2017

works again

0 votes
Andy Heinzer
Atlassian Team
Atlassian Team members are employees working across the company in a wide variety of roles.
October 26, 2017

Hi All,

I think that the problem you are reporting is a known bug currently in Jira Cloud.  Please see JRACLOUD-67734 for details.

I would recommend watching that bug for updates as to when this might be fixed for a long term solution.

In the meantime that bug page does list two different possible workarounds to this issue.

1. Save the attachments and upload it via the Attachments field. Then, it is possible to attach it to the description field
  2. Create the issue first, then only paste the attachment.

I hope this helps,

Andy

0 votes
Lucie Lavickova -Triskova- October 20, 2017

the same for me :(

Comments for this post are closed

Community moderators have prevented the ability to post new answers.

Post a new question