Can't assign issues to users due to security level

sgolikov September 27, 2014

I've upgrated my JIRA.

And since that I couldn't assign issue to user, who have permission to be assignable. And I set Issue security level like in this topic described:

https://confluence.atlassian.com/display/ONDEMANDKB/How+to+limit+user+to+only+browse+issues+assigned+to+them

In previous JIRA it's all work fine, but in new - I've got an error - Users can not be assigned!

img.jpg

P.S.

Previous version - 6.2.7

Build Number6265

Current version - 6.3.6a 

Build Number6336

5 answers

0 votes
Rp Subhub
Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
September 28, 2014

Sounds a lot like this ticket: https://jira.atlassian.com/browse/JRA-40124 Assignable Users are no longer assignable for an issue if they don't belong to the Issue Security Level permissions

Nic Brough -Adaptavist-
Community Leader
Community Leader
Community Leaders are connectors, ambassadors, and mentors. On the online community, they serve as thought leaders, product experts, and moderators.
September 28, 2014

Yup, that's the one.

0 votes
Nic Brough -Adaptavist-
Community Leader
Community Leader
Community Leaders are connectors, ambassadors, and mentors. On the online community, they serve as thought leaders, product experts, and moderators.
September 27, 2014

The error message is "user does not have the assignable permission", so they're not in the "call center customers" role or the "users" role in the project.

However, issue security works oddly here and throws off the error message - it's effectively removing them from the roles because they do not have security profile that lets them see the issue.

You need to make them match the security profile BEFORE you can assign them the issue.

0 votes

No with Permission everything ok!

In this project I've set Project Roles to this user - "Call Center Customers" role.

And here is Permission scheme pic:

permission_jpeg.jpg

0 votes
Nic Brough -Adaptavist-
Community Leader
Community Leader
September 27, 2014

It's because you have not granted that user the "assignable" permission in the permission scheme.

0 votes

security level settings:

sec_level.jpg

Suggest an answer