Can't assign dashboard permission by group

Steve Swett September 25, 2015

I have a user who wants to share a dashboard with another user.  Since can't share to a single user, I created a group with the single target user in it.  When I try to share to that group, it doesn't even list the group – when you try to add a permission for the dashboard.

I'm an administrator.  I should be able to see that group.  I created the group, and I put the target user in it myself.

Any ideas?

2 answers

1 accepted

1 vote
Answer accepted
Jeremy Gaudet
Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
September 25, 2015

Looking at what options I'm presented with when I try to share a dashboard, I strongly suspect you can only share with groups you are also an explicit member of (or, possibly, the dashboard owner is a member of).

0 votes
Rodrigo Rosa
Atlassian Team
Atlassian Team members are employees working across the company in a wide variety of roles.
September 25, 2015

Hello Steve!

Jeremy is right, you cannot share your dashboard unless you're a member of that group. Please refer to Sharing Dashboard Pages for more information.

Suggest an answer