Can't add subtasks to nextgen project

nissanal September 11, 2019

I am unable to add subtasks in my nextgen project.

When I try to create a new issues it only lists "Epic" and "Task".

It also has a small warning: "Some issue types are unavailable due to incompatible field configuration and/or workflow associations."

What should I do to enable subtasks?

Thanks.

1 answer

1 accepted

0 votes
Answer accepted
Jack Brickey
Community Leader
Community Leader
Community Leaders are connectors, ambassadors, and mentors. On the online community, they serve as thought leaders, product experts, and moderators.
September 11, 2019

you should be able to go into project settings > issue types and click "+ add issue type"

ng-issuetype.jpg

if you are not seeing Subtask in the list reach out to Atlassian Support to see about getting your instance updated.

nissanal September 12, 2019

Thanks but this doesn't solve my problem.

I already have Subtask defined - just like in the picture you attached.

The problem is that I can't create new subtasks - they are not listed in the "Issue Type".

Untitled.png

Jack Brickey
Community Leader
Community Leader
Community Leaders are connectors, ambassadors, and mentors. On the online community, they serve as thought leaders, product experts, and moderators.
September 12, 2019

ah i see. so you are doing this incorrectly. you do not add sub-tasks under the "Issue Type" using Create issue. You do it under a sub-menu/icon of the parent. For example, for next-gen you click the create-child icon as below.

child.jpg

for Classic you create a sub-task under the more (...) icon when viewing the parent issue.

Like # people like this
nissanal September 14, 2019

Thanks a lot. This works for me!

Suggest an answer