Can't add-on an add-on

I am in the Manage Addons section of an on-premise JIRA via a browser on my workstation. I downloaded the Service Desk addon. I cannot add on the add-on. I get the spinner with "Uploading jira-servicedesk-2.0.2.obr... " but it stays stuck and never actually installs it.

Where can I go look for why the install is failing?

PS: I did have a previous version on at one time, but took it off due to the poor licensing model. Now that it makes a bit more sense, I'd like to try it again, but can't get it installed.

2 answers

1 accepted

I had a similar issue, until I figured out that the version of my JIRA was too old for version 2 of the service desk. After I updated JIRA to the most recent version (currently 6.3.7), I was able to install the plugin without any problems.

Yes, we found out it was the same issue. I was trying to upgrade SD then JIRA, but it has to be JIRA then SD.

I'll add that I installed the "JIRA Syntax Highlighter Plugin" two days ago without any issue.

Suggest an answer

How to earn badges on the Atlassian Community

How to earn badges on the Atlassian Community

Badges are a great way to show off community activity, whether you’re a newbie or a Champion.

Learn more
Community showcase
Published Monday in Jira Software

How large do you think Jira Software can grow?

Hi Atlassian Community! My name is Shana, and I’m on the Jira Software team. One of the many reasons this Community exists is to connect you to others on similar product journeys or with comparabl...

727 views 6 13
Read article

Atlassian User Groups

Connect with like-minded Atlassian users at free events near you!

Find a group

Connect with like-minded Atlassian users at free events near you!

Find my local user group

Unfortunately there are no AUG chapters near you at the moment.

Start an AUG

You're one step closer to meeting fellow Atlassian users at your local meet up. Learn more about AUGs

Groups near you