Can't add app link in new Crucible installation; splash screen keeps popping up.

Darren McLaughlin March 31, 2020

Fisheye/Crucible 4.8. I had to delete, then re-add an application link to Jira. In "Configure Application Links" in Fisheye/Crucible, I deleted the app link, but now I can't add one back. I enter the URL for the new app link, then click "Create new link". The splash screen saying "What's new for application links" pops up and I click "OK, got it". This resets the URL I had just entered and aborts the creation of the app link. I can't find any way around this. The process just repeats. I've tried from different computers, but see the same behaviour. I suspect it has something to do with permissions. The service user is an Administrator for the server plus I explicitly set permissions at Full Control on the Atlassian folder and all subfolders for that user. Still no change. Perhaps there is config file I can edit to turn this off, but I have no idea what it would be. Any ideas?

1 answer

1 accepted

1 vote
Answer accepted
Darren McLaughlin March 31, 2020

The problem was that the build-in admin user (where you don't specify a user id and enter only the password) does not save user preferences since it's not a normal user (per support).  I created a new user with admin privileges and adding the application link was successful.

charleslcso April 28, 2021

Oh gosh...

Suggest an answer