Can't add a new user to my Jira on demand instance

Janet Lunde May 4, 2015

Screen Shot 2015-05-04 at 4.22.42 PM.png

Just created a new JIra instance. I have a site admin login, and I added one user – the person who is our Google Apps admin, so she can create accounts for everyone.

I didn't notice the message that flashed up after I added her, but her name did appear in the list of users, listed along with mine.

After an hour, she came by to say that she never received the email with the link. She had checked her spam filter, but nothing. I couldn't find a way to resend it on the User Management page, so I deactivated her account. After waiting a bit, I tried to add her again, so an email would be sent out. This time, I saw the message "No users have been created. An email was sent to the user."

Is adding a user who has previously been deactivated not supported? Where do I go from here?

2 answers

0 votes
Janet Lunde May 4, 2015

Ah, I tripped over the default ACTIVE filter, so I wasn't seeing her account still being there. It didn't occur to me earlier to email her username and password, because security habits.

Is there an open ticket for a request to add a "resend email" feature to the user management page that I could vote for?

0 votes
Jaime S
Atlassian Team
Atlassian Team members are employees working across the company in a wide variety of roles.
May 4, 2015

Hi, Janet.

When disabling a user, the old user is not deleted and other users with the same username or email is not possible. What JIRA probably tried to do in this case was to resent the invitation email.

Since this didn't work, what about re-enabling the user, setting the password manually and sending it to the user?

The email probably got lost somewhere.

If that doesn't cut it, open a support request at support.atlassian.com. Don't forget to choose 'Cloud' when creating it. We'll be glad to help you with that problem.

Kind regards,
Jaime Kirch da Silveira
Atlassian Cloud Support

Suggest an answer