It's not the same without you

Join the community to find out what other Atlassian users are discussing, debating and creating.

Atlassian Community Hero Image Collage

Can't access "people" under project administration

Anders Westman May 12, 2013

Hi!

I cant access the "people" tab under the project administration in Jira.

When clicking the people buttin i first receive an error pop up that says "The Jira server cannot be contacted. This may be a temporaorey glitch or the server may be down". FYI, the server is not down.

Once I click cancle i am on the people screen, where you should see project roles, users, groups, etc. I only see a row which says "admin.project.role.none".

Any suggestions for how to get this to work? More people then the project leader must be able to see this page? right? =)

3 answers

0 votes
Janet Albion Atlassian Team May 12, 2013

Hi!

A few things to try:

• disable all user installed plugin because it might be caused by any incompatibility
  • restart JIRA because possibility the classes are broken or not loaded correctly
  • a direct access (bypass any network configuration like proxy/load balancer) to make sure that the connection is not causing the error to be thrown.

Checking the logs might help if none of the above solve the problem.

0 votes
Itamar Ben Sinai Oct 13, 2014

Hi, Have the same issue, and it is connected to your remark "a direct access (bypass any network configuration like proxy/load balancer) to make sure that the connection is not causing the error to be thrown." Do you know what is the cause and how can this be resolved? Thanks Itamar

Suggest an answer

This widget could not be displayed.
This widget could not be displayed.
Community showcase
Published in Jira

Here’s what we’re doing to make Jira Cloud faster

Hello Community 🤗 I’m Nikhil, a Product Manager on the Jira Cloud team working on performance improvements. Performance is an ongoing journey and we continue to invest heavily in it. We under...

102 views 0 16
Read article

Community Events

Connect with like-minded Atlassian users at free events near you!

Find an event

Connect with like-minded Atlassian users at free events near you!

Unfortunately there are no Community Events near you at the moment.

Host an event

You're one step closer to meeting fellow Atlassian users at your local event. Learn more about Community Events

Events near you