Can't access "people" under project administration

Anders Westman May 12, 2013

Hi!

I cant access the "people" tab under the project administration in Jira.

When clicking the people buttin i first receive an error pop up that says "The Jira server cannot be contacted. This may be a temporaorey glitch or the server may be down". FYI, the server is not down.

Once I click cancle i am on the people screen, where you should see project roles, users, groups, etc. I only see a row which says "admin.project.role.none".

Any suggestions for how to get this to work? More people then the project leader must be able to see this page? right? =)

3 answers

0 votes
Roadmunk October 13, 2014

Hi, Have the same issue, and it is connected to your remark "a direct access (bypass any network configuration like proxy/load balancer) to make sure that the connection is not causing the error to be thrown." Do you know what is the cause and how can this be resolved? Thanks Itamar

0 votes
Ramiro Pointis
Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
May 12, 2013
0 votes
Janet Albion
Atlassian Team
Atlassian Team members are employees working across the company in a wide variety of roles.
May 12, 2013

Hi!

A few things to try:

• disable all user installed plugin because it might be caused by any incompatibility
  • restart JIRA because possibility the classes are broken or not loaded correctly
  • a direct access (bypass any network configuration like proxy/load balancer) to make sure that the connection is not causing the error to be thrown.

Checking the logs might help if none of the above solve the problem.

Suggest an answer