Can't access my local JIRA system?

tousifs
Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
January 14, 2013

hi team,

i am not able to access my local jira system?

regards,

tousif shaikh

6 answers

1 accepted

0 votes
Answer accepted
Naren
Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
January 14, 2013

Can you check with the following for more information -

1. <JIRA_HOME>/log/atlassian-jira.log
  2. <JIRA_INSTALL>/logs/catalina.log

As you said you are running into a 404 error, can you check whether the permissions to the JIRA folder are assigned to the user who is starting the JIRA as per this KB.Also there might be other possibilities as mentioned here.

Hope you find it useful!

5 votes
Nic Brough -Adaptavist-
Community Leader
Community Leader
Community Leaders are connectors, ambassadors, and mentors. On the online community, they serve as thought leaders, product experts, and moderators.
January 14, 2013

That's ok, nor can we.

You really do need to give us a LOT more information. Is it running, what do you get on screen, what access did you try before, logs?

Your question is a bit like ringing up a garage and saying "my car doesn't start". The mechanic doesn't even know if you're in the same place as the car, let alone what's wrong - could be a fault, no petrol, lost keys, horder of rampaging penguins, earthquake...

Vishnukumar Vasudevan
Community Leader
Community Leader
Community Leaders are connectors, ambassadors, and mentors. On the online community, they serve as thought leaders, product experts, and moderators.
January 14, 2013

Well said Nic.

Vishnukumar Vasudevan
Community Leader
Community Leader
January 14, 2013

Did you make any changes recently ?

tousifs
Rising Star
Rising Star
January 14, 2013

i am getting 404 for page.

Rahul Aich [Nagra]
Rising Star
Rising Star
January 14, 2013

A few questions-

1. Did you manage to access jira earlier or it your first try?

2. Did you find anything on the stdout.log?

Rahul

Nic Brough -Adaptavist-
Community Leader
Community Leader
January 14, 2013

So what have you changed? (Assuming it worked before). Is it running? What do the logs say?

You really do need to do some basic information gathering, and share it with us, if you want our help.

0 votes
Nic Brough -Adaptavist-
Community Leader
Community Leader
January 14, 2013

Then you're asking completely the wrong question.

The single most important tool that you have for diagnosing problems is the logs. If you want people to answer without reading the logs, all you can really say is:

1. Are you sure it is running?

2. Can you access it from the local machine?

3. I need the logs. If you're too dumb to give them to me, I don't want to work for you.

Any other answer, in the absence of log information, could be any one of thousands of things, all of which you need access to the logs to diagnose. Permissions, database errors, networking, penguins chewing on wires.... Anything that could go wrong with any computer system could be a root cause.

0 votes
tousifs
Rising Star
Rising Star
January 14, 2013

please note:

question face in client interview where we required to know without knowing the logs what could be root cause for this exact ans will be appreaciated.

1) it can be related to permissions.

2) or decoding can be one reason.

i have registered couple of plugins for atlassian market place means i am well versed of basic things

thanks for your ans.

0 votes
Rahul Aich [Nagra]
Rising Star
Rising Star
January 14, 2013

Can you paste the logs please.

Rahul

0 votes
Vishnukumar Vasudevan
Community Leader
Community Leader
January 14, 2013

What does it mean...?

Suggest an answer