Can't access a project even when I'm admin

ranido July 15, 2014

I've just start to use JIRA today. I've import issues from BitBucket project I had.

I invite team members and everything was fine.

Now, I've login into our on-demand site and even though I'm in the administrators group I can't see the project. The funny thing is that if I go into JIRA Administration -> Projects I can see and change the project settings but not access it.

I've created a new test project and for that test project I can access without a problem.

Can someone explain to me where did I go wrong?

Thank you,

Ido.

6 answers

1 accepted

2 votes
Answer accepted
Nic Brough -Adaptavist-
Community Leader
Community Leader
Community Leaders are connectors, ambassadors, and mentors. On the online community, they serve as thought leaders, product experts, and moderators.
July 15, 2014

That's the most likely explanation - your access schemes must say "browse: role of users"

By the way, "Admin can see/do everything" is a dreadful access model and it's one Atlassian have not made the mistake of falling into. Admin gives you admin rights, not access to anything else. With admin rights, you can investigate and change the other rights, add yourself as necessary, but admin is just for admin.

1 vote
Elisa [Atlassian]
Atlassian Team
Atlassian Team members are employees working across the company in a wide variety of roles.
July 15, 2014

Hi, good you found the way with the permissions. :)

Yeah, it is possible not to see something because of the roles 'cause they work like restrictions.

Hope I could help! ;)

Cheers!

1 vote
Elisa [Atlassian]
Atlassian Team
Atlassian Team members are employees working across the company in a wide variety of roles.
July 15, 2014

Hi Ido,

Did you check if the admin user has permission to access it. Sometimes you can configure but not access it. Permissions can be tricky sometimes. :)

0 votes
ranido July 15, 2014

I see, thanks.

0 votes
ranido July 15, 2014

I've add myself to the Users Project Role and now it looks like I'm able to both see and administer the project. Is it possible that because I was not in the Users Project Role I couldn't see the project?

0 votes
ranido July 15, 2014

You are right the permissions can be tricky.

I'm looking now at the project config, inside Roles settings and I see my user both as the Project Lead and and in Administrators and Developers project roles.

I think that should be enough, right?

Suggest an answer