Can't access Tempo Permissions

Ann Veremeychik November 11, 2013

Hello dear all. I have a very dull question. I am obviously missing something.

I have installed Tempo 7.6. Then I have activated TimeTracking in JIRA System Configuration. After that I have granted Work On Issue permission to myself. But I still can't administrate TEMPO. There isn't "Tempo Permissions" in TEMPO administration tab.

I have a jira-administrator role.

What am I doing wrong? Please help me or my brain will explode ))

4 answers

1 accepted

3 votes
Answer accepted
Susanne Götz [Tempo]
Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
November 12, 2013

It looks as if there is something wrong with the Core plugin. Is there any chance that you have the beta version of Tempo Planner installed in the same instance? Tempo Planner and Tempo Timesheets are not yet fully compatible and might cause this kind of errors.

You could also try to uninstall Tempo Timesheets and reinstall it. For this you will have to uninstall Tempo Timesheets and the System Plugins Tempo Teams and Tempo Core. Then reinstall the same version of Tempo you are using now manually. You can download the .obr file from the marketplace.

Ann Veremeychik November 12, 2013

I haven't Tempo Planner installed. Tomorrow I'll try to reinstall this plugins and I'll let you know whether it helped or not. Thank you for your answering!

Ann Veremeychik November 13, 2013

After reinstalling it works perfectly. Great.

Thank you very much Susanne!

Windson Lins April 1, 2019

2019. Same problem here but after reinstalling it works perfectly. 

0 votes
Susanne Götz [Tempo]
Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
November 12, 2013

In case this problem persists, please open an issue in our Tempo Timesheets Project https://tempoplugin.jira.com/browse/TT and send us more information about which version of JIRA, Tempo Timesheets, Core and Teams you have installed. Also the license details might be helpful.

0 votes
Susanne Götz [Tempo]
Rising Star
Rising Star
November 12, 2013

Can you check if you have the "Holiday Schemes" Link in the list in the Tempo Administration (where the Tempo permission is missing). In case this is also missing, can you check on the System plugin: Tempo Core is installed and enabled. You can find this in Administration-> Add-ons-> Manage add-ons, in the User installed add-ons list.

There isn't the "Holiday Schemes" link in the Tempo Administration though the Tempo Core is enabled. I have disabled it and then enabled it again and then i've done reindexing but nothing changed. There are still same problems.

0 votes
Susanne Götz [Tempo]
Rising Star
Rising Star
November 11, 2013

Hi Ann,

can you confirm that you can not access the Tempo Permssions as described in https://tempoplugin.jira.com/wiki/display/TEMPO076/Tempo+Permissions and that you do not have the Administration option in the Tempo dropdown (in the header).

Best regards

Susanne (Tempo)

Seems that the second screenshot was missed. Attaching it now.

Hello Susanne! Yes, I confirm.

I think that it is some sort of bug because there isn't Tempo Permissions in left tab but when I access the URL host:port/secure/admin/TempoPermissions.jspa directly it works. Jira-administrators weren't listed like tempo administrators at first. Then I accessed the URL directly and put them into list. So now I have the Administration option in the Tempo dropdown but there is still no Tempo Permissions in left tab.

The screenshots are attached. The first screenshot shows first access to Tempo Permissions (sorry but there is russian interface). The second screenshot shows that now I have the Administrative option but no Tempo Permissions.

Seems that second image can't be uploaded so there is it on photohost

second picture

Seems that second screenshot was missed so I'm attaching it again.

Suggest an answer