Can't access JIRA, Error message: JIRA Access Constraints - You cannot access JIRA at present.

cijoypf January 17, 2013

Hi,

I have purchased a JIRA starter pack for 10 users. I have installed it in a test machine, created few projects, issues, usres, etc. and tested it. After testing it for few months, I have installed it in our server yesterday.

As I have created all users and required projects in the JIRA in test machine, I have taken a backup from test machine and uploaded it into the JIRA in the server. After this upload is complete, I can't access JIRA anymore.

This is the error message:

JIRA Access Constraints

You cannot access JIRA at present.

The current license is too old to install this version of JIRA (5.2.4)

I have renewed the JIRA licence till April 2013 and I am not sure why am I getting this. Is it because I haven't uninstalled JIRA from the test machine ?

Please find the screen shot attached which refers to my licence details.

A quick response is highly appreciated.

Thanks,

Cijoy Francis.

5 answers

1 accepted

1 vote
Answer accepted
Andrew Ardill
Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
January 17, 2013

Just to be sure, have you tried putting your new, up-to-date license in? You should see an 'Edit License or..." link in the error message. Click that and update your license. If you are still having issues there is a bigger problem at hand.

0 votes
suleiman July 23, 2014

I am having this problem too, just that i am unable to put in the new license because my admin user is not allowed. with following messag:

JIRA cannot proceed with the upgrade as you are not logged in as a JIRA administrator, or this version of JIRA cannot recognize administrators from the version that you have upgraded from. To proceed, log in as a JIRA administrator. If you cannot log in, override this requirement by setting the system property '-Dnon.admin.upgrade=true', then restarting JIRA.

I even tried to put in the -Dnon.admin.upgrade=true and restartet the service but it is not working.

any help.

Justin Corcoran
Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
March 27, 2015

Did you happen to get help on this? I have the same issue, and tried what you tried as well with the -Dnom.admin.upgrade=true, and it's not working for me either.

randika_munasinghe April 20, 2015

hi , I got below issue after importing a live data dump to new environment rror occurred during export before upgrade: There was a problem backing up data for the null plugin. If necessary, auto-export can be disabled; see http://www.atlassian.com/software/jira/docs/latest/upgrade/autoexport.html com.atlassian.core.AtlassianCoreException: There was a problem backing up data for the null plugin. at com.atlassian.jira.bean.export.AutoExportImpl.exportData(AutoExportImpl.java:111) at com.atlassian.jira.upgrade.UpgradeManagerImpl.doUpgradeIfNeeded(UpgradeManagerImpl.java:445) at com.atlassian.jira.upgrade.UpgradeManagerImpl.doUpgradeIfNeededAndAllowed(UpgradeManagerImpl.java:404) at com.atlassian.jira.upgrade.UpgradeLauncher.checkIfUpgradeNeeded(UpgradeLauncher.java:107) at com.atlassian.jira.upgrade.UpgradeLauncher.start(UpgradeLauncher.java:55) at com.atlassian.jira.startup.ActiveServicesLauncher.start(ActiveServicesLauncher.java:45) at com.atlassian.jira.startup.DefaultJiraLauncher$3.run(DefaultJiraLauncher.java:140) at com.atlassian.jira.config.database.DatabaseConfigurationManagerImpl.doNowOrEnqueue(DatabaseConfigurationManagerImpl.java:345) at com.atlassian.jira.config.database.DatabaseConfigurationManagerImpl.doNowOrWhenDatabaseActivated(DatabaseConfigurationManagerImpl.java:215) at com.atlassian.jira.startup.DefaultJiraLauncher.postDbLaunch(DefaultJiraLauncher.java:124) at com.atlassian.jira.startup.DefaultJiraLauncher.access$100(DefaultJiraLauncher.java:33) at com.atlassian.jira.startup.DefaultJiraLauncher$1.run(DefaultJiraLauncher.java:86)

randika_munasinghe April 20, 2015

Please be kind enough to help on resolving this

0 votes
cristian zuccala May 20, 2014

I have the following problem, generate the license and this message appears.

jira error

0 votes
cijoypf January 31, 2013

Hi Andrew and Joe,

Thanks for your support. My issue was resolved when I reinserted my licence key.

Thanks,

Cijoy.

0 votes
Theinvisibleman
Atlassian Team
Atlassian Team members are employees working across the company in a wide variety of roles.
January 17, 2013

Hi Cijoy,

As Andrew have mentioned, and as we have confirmed in the support ticket, the issue was solved by re-inserting your license into your JIRA, using the renewed license details that you can find in your my.atlassian.com page

Suggest an answer